Reasonable price for pasolas / motorcycles

SunRa

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 30, 2003
Just curious as to what peoples opinions would be on reasonable prices to pay for used pasolas and motorcycles here on the north coast. I've been given various prices from very reasonable to rediculous. Ive done a forum search on the issue and not found anything consistant, except that one person had bought a pasola for $5,000rd. Thanks

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
SunRa said:
Just curious as to what peoples opinions would be on reasonable prices to pay for used pasolas and motorcycles here on the north coast. I've been given various prices from very reasonable to rediculous. Ive done a forum search on the issue and not found anything consistant, except that one person had bought a pasola for $5,000rd. Thanks
If you are offered to buy a used pasola for 5k pesos then I garantee you that either its stolen (without papers) or the engine and the rest of the body parts are missing. There are no used pasolas for 5k in decent condition. Prices have gone up as the dollar has reached the 50 mark.
I bought a new pasola (Honda dio) for 12 K pesos when the dollar was 15:1. that was in 1997. Now you calculate the prices with the raised dollar value and the raised prices in pasola since 1997.
By the way, I hope you are not suckered in to buying a pasola for your sankie in juan dolio.
AZB

SunRa

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 30, 2003
1. I'm male, so a 'sankie' wouldn't apply to me
2. I'm looking for a pasola or motorcycle for my own personal use

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Oh?

SunRa said:
1. I'm male, so a 'sankie' wouldn't apply to me
2. I'm looking for a pasola or motorcycle for my own personal use

Sankies swing both ways (or more) and we don't know your proclivities so it very well might. Buy loads of life and health insurance since your days are numbered on it.

SunRa

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 30, 2003
I spent the majority of my childhood in PR on a pasola and a few summers in higuey on one so I think I'll be cool, but I appriciate your concern. I was just wondering what people's opinions where on a reasonable price, not their saftey or I would've asked.

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
it is just a guess, but I would expect a beat up one would be about 10K. It helps to find out the new price from a dealer first to get a benchmark