Verizon and Centennial, did you know that...

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Centenial will not activate a cel phone that has been reported stolen but Verizon will?

Recently one of my employees took his Centennial cel phone in for repair, it was deemed unrepairable, so he took it to a streetcorner chop shop for a second opinion where the wonderful technician "repaired" it by replacing the guts with the former contents of a stolen unit.

Of course after this it needed reactivation which Centennial refused to provide, since the new guts have a serial number which has been flagged as stolen in their database.

Verizon on the other hand, activated it without batting an eye.

I am not sure how this information could be useful to anyone, I hope there are no cel phone thieves on this board, I just thought it was interesting.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
MrMike said:
I am not sure how this information could be useful to anyone, I hope there are no cel phone thieves on this board, I just thought it was interesting.

Mike, it is truly useful information - Richard and I had our first good belly laugh of the day....

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I found my cel phone on a street of NYC. I took it to verizon in santiago and instantly re-activated it. No questions asked.
AZB= happy chappy

DomLou

Jun 10, 2004
AZB said:
I found my cel phone on a street of NYC. I took it to verizon in santiago and instantly re-activated it. No questions asked.
AZB= happy chappy
Stuff like this happens all the time. I bought my cell phone from a friend in the states whose contract expired with Sprint Wireless. Took it home to the DR and activated it with Verizon. Works wonderfully everywhere! Gotta love it!