Questions

bwemily

Jun 17, 2004
How long is the drive from Punta Cana to the North Coast, the Hilton Marien? Can you get a cab? How much would that cost?

What is the best airport to get to the Hilton Marien?

What airport do most commercial airlines fly into?

Dec 9, 2002
I can't answer the first part of your question, never done it.
The nearest airport to the Coral Marien by Hilton is Puerto Plata - about 20 minute drive away.
I would hazard a guess that most scheduled flights from US/Canada are to Santo Domingo or Puerto Plata, from UK most charter flights are to La Romana or Puerto Plata I think.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Punta Cana to the North Coast

bwemily said:
How long is the drive from Punta Cana to the North Coast, the Hilton Marien? Can you get a cab? How much would that cost?

What is the best airport to get to the Hilton Marien?

What airport do most commercial airlines fly into?

There are 4 airports in the DR, Punta Cana, Puerto Plata, Santo Domingo and Santiago. Punta Cana is the one that's furthest from the Hilton Marien. If I were to make a guess as to how long the drive is, i would guess 7-8 hours, Santo Domingo is about 4 hours. Santiago is about 1 1/2 hours and as Dominican Babe said, Puerto Plata is about 20 minutes away.

As for how much a cab would cost, I have no idea, but wouldn't be cheap and do you really want to spend 2 days of your vacation driving?

My suggestion would be to either fly into Puerto Plata or Santiago. If you already have plain tickets, look into finding a place to stay closer to Punta Cana.

Joe

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Time is about right

Except that POP is at least an hour and fifteen minutes from here, Santiago.

A cab would be atrocious. You could probably fly to POP for ust about the same money and it takes what? maybe 35 or 40 minutes?

I agree: Either find a place at Punta Cana or get a flight to POP or Santiago., or Santo Domingo at worst.

It's like getting a flight to Glasgow to go to Brighton...!!

HB

maggiemay

Aug 31, 2002
Hillbilly said:
Except that POP is at least an hour and fifteen minutes from here, Santiago.

A cab would be atrocious. You could probably fly to POP for ust about the same money and it takes what? maybe 35 or 40 minutes?

I agree: Either find a place at Punta Cana or get a flight to POP or Santiago., or Santo Domingo at worst.

It's like getting a flight to Glasgow to go to Brighton...!!

HB

If you arrive before 6:30pm there are daily flights with "Take Off" from Punta Cana to POP. Cost US$80.00. They return from POP at 7:30am daily.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Sounds like the flight from PC to POP is cheaper than the taxi. I met someone who did it by taxi in February, think they said it was U.S.$125 (only marginally less than their last minute flight from U.K. to PC!!)

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
A llitle off

maggiemay said:
If you arrive before 6:30pm there are daily flights with "Take Off" from Punta Cana to POP. Cost US$80.00. They return from POP at 7:30am daily.
This is a little off the subject but lets say I want to take my Novia from PC to POP, what ID will she need. She is Dominican and has no passport.
Charlie

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Cedula

chuckuindy said:
This is a little off the subject but lets say I want to take my Novia from PC to POP, what ID will she need. She is Dominican and has no passport.
Charlie

It's what they have. You are not leaving the country.