Post Thanks / Like

Smile SD to POP evening bus trip ?

I am expecting to arrive at Santo Domingo Int. Airport the 6th of august at 17.40h and I need to go to POP. Is there any bus available in the evening ?
    If not, I assume I could always get a taxi. Any fare estimates ?
    Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata

Here is the link for the bus; it looks to me like you are out of luck that night.

Caribe Tours

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Caribe Tours has a bus leaving at 7pm for Puerto Plata. You'd be unusually lucky if you made it. However, they have a bus that leaves at 8pm for Santiago. If you took it, you would reduce your taxi costs by quite a bit. There are taxis at the Santiago bus terminal.

Post Thanks / Like

Default SD to POP evening taxi fares?

Thanks a lot for your replies and help.
    Unfortunately I won't be on time to take a bus or a flight, so I think I will have to take a taxi. I have seen that Taxi RS (Mini-van) charges 130 $ from Santo Domingo airport to Puerto Plata. How much is the fare for a standard taxi ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Let's look at this a little bit more

If you get in on time you can make the 8 pm bus to Santiago, stay at the Hotel Colonial for 15 dollars and take the first bus to POP at 6 in the morning.
    Total cost should be around $30 including the taxi ride from the airport to Caribe tours (Sorry, I have no idea how much those rides are.)
    But lets say that the taxi is RD$800 to Santo Domingo, the bus is what nowadays? RD$150 pesos to Santtiago? and another 80 to POP? Taxi in town is RD$70 pesos.

And you have nearly $100 dollars left over for beer!

Think about this alternative. OR
    Stay in a little hotel in Santo Domingo for the night and take a bus the next morning. No matter you save a lot of money..

HB, who would walk before spending that much money to travel across the country at night for nothing....

Post Thanks / Like

Cool SD to POP EVening Bus trip

Thanks a lot for the info hill

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up beer money

Hillbilly, I like your thinking! What is the colonial like? $15 per night does have a/c?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sure does

It is a little gem in the middle of town. Along with the Aloha Sol it provideds reasonable accomadations for folks...

I have put up so really big spenders there and they loved it.

HB

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Colonial Hotel

Hillbilly,
    As I remeber it's on Salvador ? St. Owned by a father and his son. Victor speaks very little English but his son is fluent. What's the son's name? I remember he saying he was born in NY and at the time (a while ago) was in the process of getting his DR passport.
    Last time I was there the new addition was just opening, they served some great meals too.

Post Thanks / Like

Default See if you can say it three times!

Salvador Cucurrullo! Near the corner of 30 de Marzo!

Great memory.

HB