stir your imagination a bit

TCIDR

Sep 7, 2003
Let us try to derive the source of the economy in the DR, and also try to predict where to find the needle in the hay. By doing so, we may come up with a formula to determine the outcome of the peso value for the first 6 month that Fernandez, the elected prez, holding office functions.

How much, percentage wise, do you think the local export market conbrite to the overall economy?
How much does export labor or employment, or those whom are dominicans sending money home regularly?
Local business people?
Expats?
Tourism?
And all the other categories...??
Can you stir you imagination to do guess work or draw reference to anything to support your percentage value for each category that you will list for your economy contribution?

I don't know so much about the econony to put numbers to my thinking but I'd want to read what DR1 readers have in minds for their interpretation of the DR Economy and the Peso.

Of the 144 Cities that Merger or whomever used for the cost of living survey, Santo Domingo is at 142 for 2004.....How long do you think they will stay at this number?

We can take this thread in many direction and still be on topic as it is a wide area, so do post your feelings