Cheap hotels in Santo Domingo ?

nebojsa

Jul 11, 2004
Hi,

I can't find on the web any cheap hotels in Santo Domingo. Please
does anybody know some cheap hotels, I don't need any luxury rooms or special services. I need just one-bed-room wihtout meals in the hotel.
On the web I found only expensive villas and hotels for tourists, thats normal, but please try to help me and suggest me some cheap places for live in Santo Domingo, but not outside of the city.

Also are there any web sites where is possible to find some
apartments for rent. I'm from Europe and I plan to relocate to DR, I plan to live and to work in Santo Domingo for a while. Also if anybody knows somebody, I'm ready to be sub-tenant for a while. I'm from Serbia & Montenregro. I speak english and I'm in computing and programming. I'm 26yo male, dont smoke and drink. My full name is: Nebojsa Jovanovic
My email is: andjeli@neobee.net

thanks.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
My wife and I have been staying for years at the 9-room La Grand Mansion on Danae when we are in Santo Domingo. RD$500/ night for single, RD$750/night for two beds. No meals, no tv, but people are friendly and hotel is clean. Hotels like this don't have websites. Tel 809-682-2033 or 809-689-8758.

There are a couple of other small hotels very close to it on Danae that you can also check out.

Near the corner of Danae and Independencia is a large house with a room for rent. Don't have details. This is a quiet, safe street.

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
linguisticservices.aio-world.net
Small inexpensive aparta hotel

There is an inexpensive aparta hotel in Ciudad Nueva next to the oceanfront avenue (Av. George Washington/Malec?n) and within walking distance to the Colonial Zone. Monthly rent for a simply furnished studio including water, electricity,cable TV and cooking facilities is 240 USD or its equivalent in RD Pesos. Studios are rented out to foreigners for even less time than a month.
Details may be obtained through mail to hansbert@tricom.net or phone 1 809 682 21 38

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
If you have a car...

You can stay in the cabanas on weekday nights. You can negotiate the price and I have stayed for 300Pesos in nice ones. But, you gotta have a car. And I do not know how to tell you where they are located. I just know they are all in one location...about 20 of them and I know how to drive there...getting lost a couple times. 300 was for the entire night. They are negotable because the competition is big and they need to make all the money they can get.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
San Isidro Road

Snuffy said:
You can stay in the cabanas on weekday nights. You can negotiate the price and I have stayed for 300Pesos in nice ones. But, you gotta have a car. And I do not know how to tell you where they are located. I just know they are all in one location...about 20 of them and I know how to drive there...getting lost a couple times. 300 was for the entire night. They are negotable because the competition is big and they need to make all the money they can get.

There can't be 2 cabbies in SD that can't describe how to find the cabanas. Just ask one.

Roberto284

Jul 2, 2004
try the Atalaya

Try the Atalaya in Francisco Valerio Street in the center of the main Avenues (w.churchill and A. Lincoln)
the phone number is 534-6565, 8,000 pesos for a week in the standard room..

Good luck!

T

TiberiusMineola

Ave. Indepencia

There are 3 - 5 nice small hotels on Ave. Independencia, behind the Quinto Centenario, sort of. Most are US $25 - 35 / night, 1 with breakfast. Clean, w TV & A/C. This is a nice area; the neighborhood is mostly clinics & medical office buildings. M. V. traffic is, however, heavy on Indepencia, a major artery & 3 lane 1 way street. Lower rates can be negotiated for week long or month long stays. Ask the cab to take you to Clinica Abreu, a huge facility; then walk around: Duque de Wellington; El Senorial, La Venezia; La Casona Dorada; el Raizor. Addresses & phone #s are in the book. All are w/i easy walking distance; all are small, 20 - 30 rooms, & some don't have space at times. All accept the usual credit cards. hint: 5% dicsount for payment in US cash @ Venezia. Venezia & Raizor are the nicest of this bunch & slightly more expensive [$35 - 45]. Many nice, low priced restaurants & cafeterias in the area. El Conde & the Xona Colonial ares w/i easy walking distance. Caution: the area behind the Jaragua is said not to be safe for walking at night! Good hunting.