Choices to make?

GreyGhost

Jun 4, 2003
Well, I have choices to make. Probably coming back to DR in one month for about 10 days. Where do I go this time? I really enjoyed the north coast area and did not get a chance to meet all the people I would like to meet. I definitely would love to play golf with Bushbaby again and I hope Hillbilly joins us this time. So, do I get real adventorous and check out another part of the island or come back to POP, Cabarete, Sosua area. Hillbilly, I want to see more of Santiago. Then, if I make this familiar choice where do I stay? I really did enjoy the Coral Marien, but I hear there are more economical places since I do not want to be stuck at an AI all week. Maybe I could split up my hotel time and move around a bit. Then that would be a pain in the A** right.

Ok, boarders I am open to all suggestions? Locale? Hotel name? Places to eat? Places to play? Oh yea and Play golf too? and Means of daily travel?

Looking at mid august......Hope you can make the golf match Hillbilly! maybe we have to come up your way? When does school resume there? You are still teaching, right?

Anyway, whatever help is given is very much appreciated! Bushbaby, I'll bring a large pouch of stinky tobacco.

GG

GreyGhost

Jun 4, 2003
alias

btw it's me alias......Sliverghost........yes bush i originally misspelled it by accident

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I "knew" who it was

I have been telling newbies to do a search for your Trip Reports, some that i consider all time bests..

I have been playing a lot more golf recently and Grahame and I might be playing on a regular basis.

Of course you are more than welcome in Santiago and a day-night-day here would be the coolest.

August is good.

As to where to stay i think you might like Tropix, in Sos?a. I have heard very good things about it and it is an alternative to Rocky's, Condos Dominicanos or Scott's condos if they are full. All four places are more than nice and the folks surrounding them are the best.

Hurry on down,

HB

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
A decent room in ApartHotel Lomar on the Malecon will set you back RD $800 per day (US $18 or just over). Clean, large & a/c with cable TV, own B/r etc!! No restaurant on site but a small pool & cafeteria.

PM or e-mail me with all your private details & I'll see if I can't organise you a FedoGolf card for the 10 days! Cost is (or WAS 2 months ago) RD $3,500 but this gets you 1 free round at 6 courses plus cheaper rounds at about 12 other courses throughout the country!! Punch in the keyword FedoGolf on the search section - I think it is covered in there!!

If you are coming into Puerto Plata airport you know you have a taxi waiting - just let me have ETA, Date & flight number nearer the time. Heck, you might even be invited round to meet "She who must be Obeyed" this time!! - Grahame.

sliverghost

May 22, 2003
re:choices

Hey Grahame,
Thanks for the reply! I wills send you a PM and give you details of my trip. I am trying to decide on where I want to stay. I like the feeling of "no worries" with ny accomodations. Afterall, this is a vacation to get away from stress. talk to you soon. The fedogolf sounds good.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
GreyGhost said:
Hey Bushbaby did you get my PM...Does that hotel lormar have a website?
Just checked & no PM received yet - was it an e-mail perhaps as I haven't checked those in the last hour!! I will check in a moment & respond this evening or tomorrow if I can't get hold of FedoGolf this afternoon!

Sorry, I am not aware of an website for ApartHotel Lomar. I'll ask if they have some photos we can download to you when I pass there later this week if that would help!?? What do you want to know & I'll see if I can come up with the answers for you! - Grahame.

sliverghost

May 22, 2003
I forwarded the PM again

Hey Bush,
I forwarded the PM again. I have a flight on hold 8/15-8/25. I have to check with work and will finalize. Now I need to make hotel arrangements, I am looking to spend time in POP, Santiago and Sosua. Probably a 2 day 1 night in Santiago and split the rest between POP and Sosua.

I hope I can get that Fedogolf hook up....let me know what you find out...thanks!