Help! Please Answear Asap

Ljuba

Jul 11, 2004
I'm 19, male from Serbian 'n' Montenegro. I'm planning a vacation in Puerto Plata. My friends were there in January and they found a place called Papa Juan's were a room for two is 50 $ a week, no food. They say everithing is very cheap there.
Are there such deals now? How much many do i need for 2 months.
Could anyone send me price list of things in supermarkets and restaurants or similar placeses.

Please answear quick!
Thanks.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Please search first

There are quite a few threads on the cost of things in the DR. If you search the forum on the word "price" or "prices" you should find a few.

A hotel for $50 a WEEK? You will be staying in a DUMP, barely fit for animals. An "adequate" hotel is maybe US$20- $25 a day. $7 a day is a flophouse with no hot water, air conditioning or anything else no matter where you are ( even the flophouses in Boca Chica are more than $7 a day).

Food and such if you are a tourist will be like US prices minus a bit.

If you have to pay $50 a week to afford to go, you cannot afford to go.

nebojsa

Jul 11, 2004
please check your private messages and respond, i'm from serbia,
my email is: andjeli@neobee.net

Ljuba said:
I'm 19, male from Serbian 'n' Montenegro. I'm planning a vacation in Puerto Plata. My friends were there in January and they found a place called Papa Juan's were a room for two is 50 $ a week, no food. They say everithing is very cheap there.
Are there such deals now? How much many do i need for 2 months.
Could anyone send me price list of things in supermarkets and restaurants or similar placeses.

Please answear quick!
Thanks.

Ljuba

Jul 11, 2004
ricktoronto said:
There are quite a few threads on the cost of things in the DR. If you search the forum on the word "price" or "prices" you should find a few.

A hotel for $50 a WEEK? You will be staying in a DUMP, barely fit for animals. An "adequate" hotel is maybe US$20- $25 a day. $7 a day is a flophouse with no hot water, air conditioning or anything else no matter where you are ( even the flophouses in Boca Chica are more than $7 a day).

Food and such if you are a tourist will be like US prices minus a bit.

If you have to pay $50 a week to afford to go, you cannot afford to go.

It's not a hotel those are apartments. I know that there are apartmens for 240 a month in Santo Domingo.
Thanks anyway.

nebojsa

Jul 11, 2004
ok, nema frke.

molim te mi javi na email da li si se raspitivao za cene avionskih karti. Ja sam pronasao da je najpovoljniji Air France sa cenom oko 700e, postoji polazak iz
Beograda sa presedanjem za Puerto Platu ili Santo Domingo ...

Ljuba said:
It's not a hotel those are apartments. I know that there are apartmens for 240 a month in Santo Domingo.
Thanks anyway.

nebojsa

Jul 11, 2004
info ...

Evo sta mi je rekao drugar koji je tamo ziveo, kada podjes iz grada prema donjem delu, dolazis do plaze koja se zove: Cofresi Beach, tu imas male i jeftine hotele sa sobicama i kucicama. Jedan od njih ti se zove: Papa Juan, ovo ti je email od njega: papajuan@codetel.net.do

pozdrav

Ljuba

Jul 11, 2004
nebojsa said:
Evo sta mi je rekao drugar koji je tamo ziveo, kada podjes iz grada prema donjem delu, dolazis do plaze koja se zove: Cofresi Beach, tu imas male i jeftine hotele sa sobicama i kucicama. Jedan od njih ti se zove: Papa Juan, ovo ti je email od njega: papajuan@codetel.net.do

pozdrav

HVALA TI KO RODJENOM BRATU
javi cu ti se na email
cao

Ljuba

Jul 11, 2004
Sorry

ustelephone said:
Okay folks, this isn't Serbia.com.

If you wan't to speak anything except English, do it privately.

Something tells me you're making Serbian jokes about all of us. :pirate:
Sorry, you are right. Won't happen again.

nebojsa

Jul 11, 2004
jokes ...

sorry, we are arranging trip and accomodation in DR, no jokes yet, we will make jokes there after arrivial ... :)

ustelephone said:
Okay folks, this isn't Serbia.com.

If you wan't to speak anything except English, do it privately.

Something tells me you're making Serbian jokes about all of us. :pirate:

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
nebojsa said:

pozdrav

By the way, what do sobicama and kucicama mean? Does it have anything to do with bed?

nebojsa

Jul 11, 2004
serbian ...

sobicama and kucicama mean this:
small rooms and small houses

we've just had a conversation about accomodation in Puerto Plata, its complicated because on the web its impossible to find some listings or some contacts for cheap apartments so with help of this forum thats much easier.

juancarlos said:
By the way, what do sobicama and kucicama mean? Does it have anything to do with bed?

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
nebojsa said:
sobicama and kucicama mean this:
small rooms and small houses

we've just had a conversation about accomodation in Puerto Plata, its complicated because on the web its impossible to find some listings or some contacts for cheap apartments so with help of this forum thats much easier.

Oh, I see. I thought for a moment that, like Cris Colon said, you were referring to those bed covers. Sobrecamas or cubrecamas.
Well, I do hope you get the help you need and find what you are looking for.

SunRa

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 30, 2003
Cao, Zdravo.. ok thats all the serbian I know. Just felt I should put it to use while I had the chance.

Oh yeah I also know Jedi Govno, I make it a point to learn words like that in every language. :classic:

Ljuba

Jul 11, 2004
wrong

SunRa said:
Cao, Zdravo.. ok thats all the serbian I know. Just felt I should put it to use while I had the chance.

Oh yeah I also know Jedi Govno, I make it a point to learn words like that in every language. :classic:

Not "jedi govno", jedi govna!

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
redo that math!

I suggest you mound up more funds before you embark on your way to go play in the DR. There are just too many things to do and too many drinks to drink to cool off. If you only go with a couple of pesos, you'll be in the ropes sooner than later. Last time time I went, I ran out of funds on the last day there and it was a chinese turture! Every time I go now, I make sure that won't happen again. I figure 50usd a day to spend to feel almost like royalty and come back home with plenty left.

Ljuba

Jul 11, 2004
quejeyoke said:
I suggest you mound up more funds before you embark on your way to go play in the DR. There are just too many things to do and too many drinks to drink to cool off. If you only go with a couple of pesos, you'll be in the ropes sooner than later. Last time time I went, I ran out of funds on the last day there and it was a chinese turture! Every time I go now, I make sure that won't happen again. I figure 50usd a day to spend to feel almost like royalty and come back home with plenty left.

well i need a big break and i'm not someone who needs a lot of money to have fun, i wont to change my life for a while and take a lot photos maybe i'll take my guitar with me, i would certanly like to find a job there

on the other hand i think i'll have enough money