Para-seismic and para-cyclonic buildings ?

gin

Mar 19, 2004
Hi guys,

What about individual para-seismic and para-cyclonic buildings in DR ? Of course certified by european or north-american engineers ? any interest for retired gringos ?

Gin's Dad

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
What?

how about them? Hotels and apartment buildings built right are what they are called now, I think.

matthieu

Oct 23, 2005
gin said:
Hi guys,

What about individual para-seismic and para-cyclonic buildings in DR ? Of course certified by european or north-american engineers ? any interest for retired gringos ?

Gin's Dad
Hi Gin's Dad,

I respond to your message you have posted there is one years ago, about the para-seismic and para-cyclonic building...

Let me know if you are always working on this idea, cause I have in poject this kind of construction. Everything is certified by European organisations...

Matthieu

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
IF this means quake proof and cyclone proof buildings, allow me to inform you that there are plenty of Dominican engineers and architects that build to international specifications.
Look at the houses in Barranca in La Romana for example. They are designed to hold up under a CAT 3 hurricane.

However, as to quake resistant buildings, I think you should locate engineer Orlando Franco (use google) and ask him. Most private constructions are fairly quake resistant. The only real failures during the 2003 quake that was 6.5 on the Richter Scale were public schools built under government contracts, where workmanship and materials are notoriously poorly supervised, plus one building that was privately built by a "maestro constructor" ...

HB:D:D

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
DR1 is quakeproof

Dolores knows something about this. I thought there was something significant about their building and it's construction to be quakeproof; certain architect, or first one..something like that.

HB, you were there at dinner when we were discussing this a few years ago. Do you recall?