Restaurant Recommendations: Santo Domingo

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
I would appreciate it if someone could recommend a moderately priced seafood restaurant in the Capital, which has both good service and atmosphere.

Thanks,
Helpmann

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
Vesuvios on the Malecon!

helpmann said:
I would appreciate it if someone could recommend a moderately priced seafood restaurant in the Capital, which has both good service and atmosphere.

Thanks,
Helpmann

I would recommend Vesuvios on the Malecon ( (809) 221-1854, Ave. 521 George Washington Ave(Malecon), email - vesuvio@restaurantvesuvio.com), It's located in a nice area and is wonderful for groups and romantic dinners. The food is excellent and during my last trip there I went out to dinner with a friend there and with a large group of about 10. Both times the food and wait staff provided excellent servie and the chef's knew what they were doing with the excellent seafood fare! It's right next to a nice hip club called Seven to Seven :)// Seven to Seven, DIRECCION: Ave. George Washington (Malecon), TELEFONO: (809) 221-1919, email- seventosevenritmo@hotmail.com) so it's perfect for a nice dinner then on to Seven to Seven to work off that good food with some nice music! Vesuvios is excellent for people watching and watch and hear the waves from the carribean sea crash onto the rocks as you dine and watch people, they have outside dining as well and it's really nice in the evening. :). Check it out I wish I could go now! For more info and good pics of Seven to SEven go to Bonche.com and check it out there... PEACE!

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
Try Sully's

Sully's
Av. Cahlres Summer NO. 19
Los Prados

(Right across the street from PriceMart)

Tel: 562-3389

Average per-head consumption would be about US$20.

Vesuvio's on Malec?n, while nice, is not "moderately priced". It's on the higher-end.

helpmann said:

Thanks,
Helpmann