Restaurant Recommendations: Boca Chica

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
I would appreciate it if someone could recommend a moderately priced seafood restaurant in Boca Chica, which has both good service and atmosphere.

Thanks,
Helpmann

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Neptunos

Moderate by North American, not Dominican standards, price-wise. Otherwise some people like D'Lucien or the Swiss place next to the coffee stand.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
da nancy is really good (and a lot cheaper than neptunos)....its italian...but we got the special rice with mixed seafood and it rocked (langostino, shrimp, calamari, scallops...etc..) THis was probably the priciest dinner i had there dinner for 2 with a full bottle of wine and appetizers was right around 1000 pesos. (thats around what ....20 bucks???).

Fernandos is great cheap dom food (i havent had the fish there...but they have a really good pollo guisado....its also pretty good for breadfast).

Has the german place in the main plaza re-opened? it was closed back in feb/march...but was told they would probably be re-opening....that was very good.

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
Da Nancy is a good choice !

Go for pasta marinera (loads of mix seafood on pasta) and langostino a la diabla (mildly spicy small lobsters in tomato sauce).

The tricky part about Da Nancy is the location, which is tucked inside a cul-de-sac behind Hamaca Resort. The place has been recently renovated and you can sit on the breezy 2nd floor bar-restaurant. One thing I like about the place is the complimentary starter plate they always bing you, plus a small post-dinner "licor" when they hand you the bill. Portions are relatively big, so brace yourself :)

Enjoy !

jrzyguy said:
da nancy is really good (and a lot cheaper than neptunos)....its italian...but we got the special rice with mixed seafood and it rocked (langostino, shrimp, calamari, scallops...etc..) THis was probably the priciest dinner i had there dinner for 2 with a full bottle of wine and appetizers was right around 1000 pesos. (thats around what ....20 bucks???).
QUOTE]