latin clubs

carolina_22

May 31, 2004
Hello... I know this may sound weird as I'm not asking for an info on DR but I thought that I would probably find the answer here! I'm going to spend the week end in NYC and I am looking for a nice latin club where they play good music with bachata..I love bachata!!!! It is my first time NY...;) I'm gonna be staying in Manhattan but I guess it could anywhere around that area! Thx in advance!

Carolina
xx

DominicanHeart

Jul 2, 2004
Will you be with people from NYC?

If you are from out of town and travelling around with NYC with other out of towners my suggestions would be different from if you were hanging out with people from NYC. Most of the mainstream clubs here play latin music, but not alot of bachata, whereas alot of the small clubs in upper manhattan and th bronx play alot of bachata.

Christine

carolina_22

May 31, 2004
DominicanHeart said:
If you are from out of town and travelling around with NYC with other out of towners my suggestions would be different from if you were hanging out with people from NYC. Most of the mainstream clubs here play latin music, but not alot of bachata, whereas alot of the small clubs in upper manhattan and th bronx play alot of bachata.

Christine

well actually I'm going with friends from my town...Montreal but we're going to meet my friend there in NYC who is Dominican. He travelling a lot between DR and NYC but ya I can say that he lives there. So you say that upper manhattan play lots of bachata??

caro

Sep 24, 2003
hello carolina_22 .....me too comefrom montreal.do you have great place here in montreal for go dancing bachata ....merengue....and hear good latin music and why not to meet great dominican
caro

carolina_22

May 31, 2004
caro said:
hello carolina_22 .....me too comefrom montreal.do you have great place here in montreal for go dancing bachata ....merengue....and hear good latin music and why not to meet great dominican
caro

Salut Caro!! well I have 3 clubs that I like a lot..1st which is wellknown is the salsatheque.. I find It's good on thurdays..party time and music's good! there's also the moomba on wednesdays latin nights...that is more classy but it's fun too...and if you really really want to hear bachata and meet dominicans...almost all the dominicans of montreal are going to club Punta Cana on saturdays....it's a younger crowd but I like it..and they can play 5-6 bachatas "de suite"... By the way..sorry for my english sometimes as i;m french so I try my best!! lolll if you have more questions..let me know....

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Washington Heights

carolina_22 said:
Hello... I know this may sound weird as I'm not asking for an info on DR but I thought that I would probably find the answer here! I'm going to spend the week end in NYC and I am looking for a nice latin club where they play good music with bachata..I love bachata!!!! It is my first time NY...;) I'm gonna be staying in Manhattan but I guess it could anywhere around that area! Thx in advance!

Carolina
xx
If you are travelling alone or with non-newyorkers, Go to:
La Noche "Broadway & 52st"
Copacabana "34th & 11th ave"
Cafe Remy "Church St. Downtown by the World Trade Site"
China Club "47th bet. 8th & Broadway"

If you want Bachata music?? Then you have to go in the HOOD!! :eek:gre:
Upper Manhattan- "MIRAGE" on Dykman Ave. If you take the A train to 175th you can walk up Broadway and find some nice little spots to party.

Brooklyn- East NewYork "Astro Mundo" Atlantic Ave. near Jerome.
"El Gran Mars De Plata" On Fulton St. near Logan

Queens- "Rancho Jubilee" 94th st. off the highway near La guardia airport.
good luck!

carolina_22

May 31, 2004
Ricardo900 said:
If you are travelling alone or with non-newyorkers, Go to:
La Noche "Broadway & 52st"
Copacabana "34th & 11th ave"
Cafe Remy "Church St. Downtown by the World Trade Site"
China Club "47th bet. 8th & Broadway"

If you want Bachata music?? Then you have to go in the HOOD!! :eek:gre:
Upper Manhattan- "MIRAGE" on Dykman Ave. If you take the A train to 175th you can walk up Broadway and find some nice little spots to party.

Brooklyn- East NewYork "Astro Mundo" Atlantic Ave. near Jerome.
"El Gran Mars De Plata" On Fulton St. near Logan

Queens- "Rancho Jubilee" 94th st. off the highway near La guardia airport.
good luck!

Thx a lot Ricardo!