Phones - NOT Cell Phones

SS2

Mar 13, 2004
Hi guys!

I'm sorry if this is a repetitive question. I did a search and didn't find anything on this so...

I'll be leaving for the DR in September and I'm bringing my work with me. I'm going to require an "advanced" phone system in my home office (and that just means 4-5 lines, call waiting, conference call, call forwarding, etc.) and I'm wondering how soon I can have that set up. I've just heard some horror stories about people calling the cable company and not being able to have someone come out for months, and I'm wondering if the phone companies are the same. It's very important that I have this set up as soon as possible, so perhaps I should call ahead of time to make arrangements (?)

Pretty confused and don't know where to begin, so any help or advice you guys can offer would be appreciated. Thanx!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Telephone lines.

SS2 said:
Hi guys!

I'm sorry if this is a repetitive question. I did a search and didn't find anything on this so...

I'll be leaving for the DR in September and I'm bringing my work with me. I'm going to require an "advanced" phone system in my home office (and that just means 4-5 lines, call waiting, conference call, call forwarding, etc.) and I'm wondering how soon I can have that set up. I've just heard some horror stories about people calling the cable company and not being able to have someone come out for months, and I'm wondering if the phone companies are the same. It's very important that I have this set up as soon as possible, so perhaps I should call ahead of time to make arrangements (?)

Pretty confused and don't know where to begin, so any help or advice you guys can offer would be appreciated. Thanx!
Will you be on the North coast?
If so, maybe we can assist you a bit.
It's as you thought. The phone company can just bend your mind at times and the new clients always go through bad times with them.

SS2

Mar 13, 2004
Rocky said:
Will you be on the North coast?
If so, maybe we can assist you a bit.
It's as you thought. The phone company can just bend your mind at times and the new clients always go through bad times with them.

No, Rocky...I'm going to be in Santo Domingo. I guess I can start off by contacting Verizon...thanks.

Any one have any other advice?

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
Verizon Hell

Hello:
I am going through pure hell with Verizon over the same thing: setting up my home office in my apartment in SDQ. It's been one month, four office visits, and still no DSL/phone. If your business is important that you have daily contact, DONT COMPLETE THE ACTUAL MOVE until you have it installed. I had to leave the DR and return to the states to maintain my client contact. They say it should be installed Wednesday, yeah right! I will believe it when it happens and not a second before. I hope you have someone in DR that can assist you. Other wise you might wish to invest in a Blackberry handheld.
TEHAMA
In fairness to Verizon I made some "cultural" mistakes early in the process. PM me if interested.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
TEHAMA,

I'm currently out of the DR on vacation, but when I get back in a couple of weeks I have lined up lunch with the Verizon director of customer service.

Although I can't help you right now, please send me an email or PM with your phone problem and contact details.

I'm going to push for a DR1 contact person within Verizon.
Somone that speaks English and someone that can actually resolve posters problems.