Where will the money come from for Hippo to pay

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
for the over RD$5 BILLION to the Agriculture Sector Recipients when he can't even scare up the US$20some-odd million to make the loan payment now due in a few days???

If my math is right, what he proposes to pay amounts to over US$116 MILLION.

I really don't understand this guy. He has to be demented and his followers even more so to continue, in their dreamworld of finance, to support him!

Naivete is one thing, but STUPIDITY is an entirely different story!

Texas Bill

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
Hipolito doesn't have the RD$5 billion to pay the agricultural sector and he doesn't know where it will come from. Why should he? He's got less than a month left as El Presidente. And why should he care to cast off his responsibilities for proposing a tax structure overhaul to the IMF, when he can shove it off on incoming Leonel, then turn around and blame Leonel for the next 4 years.

Have you noticed that every time Hipolito talked to the Dominican populace, over the past 4 years that he spouted off millions of pesos to spent on this and that. Breakfast program for school children, blah blah... millions to be funded. Social security system for the Dominican population, blah blah ..millions to be funded.

Hipolito Mejia has been a baboso for 4 years. He can never produce or sustain the amounts of money that he touts for any program. Yet, he was good at borrowing money. Making sure that crony political friends got commissions for borrowing millions from shady business fronts in foreign countries with no transparency.

As outgoing President, Hipolito will promise much to anyone who will listen. And if it does not materialize, he is not to blame, because it will be somebody else's fault, most likely Mr. Fernandez. Were you aware that the economic crisis on the D.R. is due to 9/11, the AA airline crash, Mr. Clinton's dog dying as Leonel amused, - everything has collasped the Dominican economy. But, sure not the borrowing of excessive millions through sovereign bonds. Nooo, Hipolito borrowing money until the cows came home has no effect on the country. Making a poor decision to bail out Baninter and cost a poor Caribbean country 2 Billion U.S. dollars surely could not have drained the coffers of the country.

President Hipolito is hoping that someone will believe his monetary promises right up until the day he leaves office. And if they aren't made good, eh....what the hell - blame the non-payments on the next president, Leonel Fernandez.

But, I guess the U.S has had some disastrous economic presidents like Carter who gave us 21% interest rates. But, for a developing country as the D.R., an over-spending, over-borrowing President like Hipolito has wreaked economic devastation on the country.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You Are The "KING"!

I am not ALONE!
"Kingofdice has "GOT IT"!
Soooooo,Bill,when you have been in the DR for a few more election cycles,maybe you,and lots of others will "Get It" too!

The country is virtually "frozen",in economic terms,for 6 months before and after the elections.The incumbent pays no bills,that may be passed on if he is not re-elected,and the newly elected will disavow the debts of the previous government.
There will be talk of puting the members of the previous government on trial for corruption and fraud,but this will fade away soon.If needed,the newly elected President will "Pardon" the previous President,and other high ranking members of his administration!
Come on Bill,you have been here long enough to realize that absolutely no one is ever held responsible for their behavior,no matter how outrageous!From "Cradle To Grave"it goes like this;First yell and scream at the child/adult/politician,then just forget about what happened until the next time,then repeat the process!Never seen a place where no one can learn from their errors/mistakes,because there are no consequences!
Might have something to do with being a relatively small island! (People living on an island,or in crowded conditions tend to "Forgive" faster and "easier" than those from HUGE countries!")I am working on that "Theory" now! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
CCCCCCCCC,
Don't want to go wildly off thread but how do you fit UK (a relatively small island) into your theory.....& come to think of it, a "big" place like S. Africa has a policy of reconciliation after apartheid. Could you try a theory of truth, lies & gullibility?

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Yes, Cris, I have been here long enough to realize that the financial, political and social problems endemic to the Dominican Republic will not be solved in this generation. I just wish I were wrong.

And, we can offer solutions to all three problems 'til the cows come home, but we know , while doing so, that those solutions are wistful thinking on our part.

What I'm afraid will happen is that the country will be taken over by those who still think in terms of "reform" in the form of public ownership of all the factors of production and their distributive shares. That "dream" of society has failed in every country into which it has been introduced. China, North Korea, Viet Nam, Russia and others. In each instance, the population has eventually found themselves in worse straits after such a transition than they were in before such took place. It is also instructive to note that those nations have begun to embrace capitalism at last.
I find it instructive that those people who advocate such a society are usually from the more affluent segment and are acting out of a highflighty attitude of "I know better than the present leaders what the world needs".
We see MORE monopolism in such a society than in a capitalistic one. I think it is the forces of a free society, unencumbered by dictatorial federalism, that make the world go around. To each belongs the fruits of that labor by virtue of that labor. Not by the dictates of those who don't produce within the society. To remunerate a person according to his needs, regardless of his production in that society, is to undermine the basic tenent of humanity. Survival of the fittest is still the underlying reason for the success of the human race in our world. To deny that is to deny the truth of our present existance.
To those who would defame me for those statements, I say that the support of those who cannot/will not produce for themselves ,for whatever reason, is up to the family to support that person. Not the State. If that person has no family, then friends should band together to render that support. If no friends are to be found, well then, maybe we should ask ourselves, why bother? I'd hate to be in that situation, but I'm not my brothers keeper if he hasn't made the effort to provide for himself.

Texas Bill