Money - Cost etc ...

Jackol

Jul 13, 2004
Hy,
we go to Pop at 26 juilly to 10 ogust and reading all the post, different questions came in my mind :
1. I saw different money : us$, rd$, pesos. So wich one is better to have ? and what is rd$ ?
2. I don't want to stay in the resort but I don't want to fall in a tourist trap too. So, to go out of resort for a day by my own what about car ental ? scooter rental ? cab ? bicycle ? and what are the "mans on the beach" ? and "Guagua" ?
3. To not being extorted, what is the normal cost for a cab ? a car with a driver ? a guagua ? a meal ?

4. I didn't find in DR1 names of typical restaurant or places near Pop to go. We are french and we don't need amazingincredibleextraodinary things. Just a cute little village, a wild piece of nature, a small restaurant with typical food. So if you have some, please please tell me where and how to go (you can e-mail me at j.oles@free.fr).
By the way, what are typical food ?

I hope I don't ask too much question ...
Thank you.
Jacques.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
RD$ = Pesos

It's a symbol like US$ = US Dollars. YOu need RD$ to buy things, so bring US$ and buy RD$ as required from a cambio, or exchange house.