Summer Olympics 2004

emanley@tulane.

Jul 15, 2004
Hello!

I am currently living in Santo Domingo and was wondering if anyone had information on the broadcasting (and/or schedule) of the summer olympic games. I am a huge gymnastics fan (gymnast for over 16 years) and would love to be able to watch them here. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Beth

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
If you get cable TV most probably you will have access to the US networks, or European stations transmitting portions of the games.

nebojsa

Jul 11, 2004
Hi Beth,

I will be in the Athens for few weeks and will post news to you, he he ... huges to everybody in DR from hot and olympic Greece !

emanley@tulane. said:
Hello!

I am currently living in Santo Domingo and was wondering if anyone had information on the broadcasting (and/or schedule) of the summer olympic games. I am a huge gymnastics fan (gymnast for over 16 years) and would love to be able to watch them here. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Beth

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
You Need Magic Then

emanley@tulane. said:
That is always an option, but I don't have a television and don't really want one.

You ask for the broadcast info about the Olympics so you can watch them and don't have a TV. Interesting.

emanley@tulane.

Jul 15, 2004
Not magic. Just a place that has a television.

Just because I want broadcasting information doesn?t mean I want it broadcast into my home. I just wanted to know if anyone might have ideas on where one might get a schedule and watch at a sports bar, etc.

ricktoronto said:
You ask for the broadcast info about the Olympics so you can watch them and don't have a TV. Interesting.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Two Steps

1. Find the schedule on the internet - I suspect being that it is the Olympics and there may be even a bit of hoopla it will have some shcedule somewhere. You seem to be educated so that means you ought to be able to find it on the internet. You found here easy enough.

2. Find a bar with a TV with the same channels.

You might try a newspaper from the DR, for example, the TV listings section, (closer to the Olympics date) with the listings, like Hoy or Listin Diario, or El Caribe - buy that when the listings for the week come out. that's what I'd do.

This tip will work in literally any country in the world with the internet, TV's and newspapers.

Alternate step to 2.: Buy a TV.