The moments (well, hours) of truth!

Rockkon

Mar 6, 2004
Today has finally arrived.

The wife and I fly out of LAX tonight at 11:30pm, into Miami at 7:30am, from Miami arriving into POP at 3:20 Saturday afternoon.

Thanks to this board, I know we won't be bored. <groan> Ocean World, snorkelling at Sousa. Lunch/dinner at Rocky's. Caves and cable cars. Carberete wind surfing and we won't fly all these miles without at least one dip in the Carribbean Sea.

I'm very curious to see if I'll end up being one of the 1,000s that stop frequenting this site when I get back or if I'll be one of you and just fall madly in love with the island.

Anyway, after a l-o-n-g 5 or 6 hrs. at work and some last minute packing we will be on our way.

Headaches, be damned! Its a Presidente beer for me!

Dec 9, 2002
Enjoy yourself Rockkon, have a cuba libre for me, and don't forget to post your trip report when you get back home.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Have a good trip, Rockkon, but you will have to go to the south coast to swim in the Caribbean Sea. The Atlantic Ocean is on the north side of the island.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Sort of..

Ken said:
Have a good trip, Rockkon, but you will have to go to the south coast to swim in the Caribbean Sea. The Atlantic Ocean is on the north side of the island.
Actually, the Samana inlet in the peninsula is considered to the Caribbean Sea as well.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Rockkon said:
Today has finally arrived.

The wife and I fly out of LAX tonight at 11:30pm, into Miami at 7:30am, from Miami arriving into POP at 3:20 Saturday afternoon.

Thanks to this board, I know we won't be bored. <groan> Ocean World, snorkelling at Sousa. Lunch/dinner at Rocky's. Caves and cable cars. Carberete wind surfing and we won't fly all these miles without at least one dip in the Carribbean Sea.

I'm very curious to see if I'll end up being one of the 1,000s that stop frequenting this site when I get back or if I'll be one of you and just fall madly in love with the island.

Anyway, after a l-o-n-g 5 or 6 hrs. at work and some last minute packing we will be on our way.

Headaches, be damned! Its a Presidente beer for me!

Don't forget breakfast at Rocky's, you could become a member of "the breakfast club"