Satelite Pics of SDQ

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003

DomLou

Jun 10, 2004
neat

Thats a really cool composite of pics. Do youhave any idea when that was pieced together?

Paulino

Jan 4, 2002
Cleef said:
So detailed I can see the burning piles of trash. ;)

You've certainly got that one right, Cleef. I returned home from the DR only yesterday. One of the first things that struck me upon returning was how lucky I am to live in a country where the air is clean and garbage disposal is undertaken in an orderly and responsible way. The constant smell of burnt garbage and/or weed (or wood for cooking - no hay gas?) was very annoying. And I didn't have to go to Sto. Dgo. to sample the polluted air, stayed at the "tent" in the Cibao all the time, apart from a couple of "breathing hole" stays at AI resorts in Cofres?/Luperon.

Paulino

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Here are some interesting things I have noticed on the satelite pics...

On the right side of the pic, along the coast you will see two squares with red edges and a blue square next to it. If my mind serve me right, I would say that is the Pool and building of the Hotel Santo Domingo.

Slightly above of that, you can see the long tower and pool of the Hotel Hispaniola.

Along the coast you can clearly see the Centro de los Heroes with its fountain traffic circle.

Those two parallel lines going north from Centro de los Heroes is Avenida Winston Churchill.

Scroll up along the avenue and on top you'll see a huge white building, that's Plaza Lama.

That wide road on the other side of Plaza Lama is the 27 de Febrero.

On the right side of the Parque Mirador del Sur, you can see the tower and pool of Hotel El Embajador.

If any of you notice ano other landmarks, share them with everyone here!