FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Azzurro Club Cabarete

kathyg said:
Any suggestions as to best spot for snorkeling of the beach in Cabarete
(Azzurro Club Cabarete beach) ?

offers a free shuttle to it's sister hotel Sosua Bay Club where you have exchange priviliges.

The snorkelling is pretty good right off Playa Sosua where SBC is located.

Gregg

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
snorkeling sucks in CAbarete because it is usually windy there i.e. no visibility. I would contact Northern Coast Diving and do their mangrove snorkel. Clients have been very happy with it. Sosua is pretty boring for snorkeling too but at least it's clear.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
That's pretty much it

marina said:
snorkeling sucks in CAbarete because it is usually windy there i.e. no visibility. I would contact Northern Coast Diving and do their mangrove snorkel. Clients have been very happy with it. Sosua is pretty boring for snorkeling too but at least it's clear.
Cabarete snorkeling is poor, Sosua is fair to good and that mangrove/Rio SanJuan tour by Northern Coast dive Center is more like "world class"

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I enjoy snorkeling by the reef in Sosua. For me it isn't boring, or maybe I am just boring? Yeah thats the ticket. Not only that but I think I have alsheimers but the upside of that is that I meet new people every day!

Escott

kathyg

Jul 18, 2004
snorkeling in cabarete

Rocky said:
Cabarete snorkeling is poor, Sosua is fair to good and that mangrove/Rio SanJuan tour by Northern Coast dive Center is more like "world class"
What about other snorkeling tours organized by El tour - Samana, Playa Grande or Paradise Island ?

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
kathyg said:
What about other snorkeling tours organized by El tour - Samana, Playa Grande or Paradise Island ?

Samana seems an excessive distance to go to simply snorkle IMHO. To get to Playa Grande you have to pass Rio San Juan where an excellent site exists (with Northern Coast Diving). Paradise Island is reputed to be excellent but from Cabarete you are looking at a minimum of 2.5 hours each way.

If you want to go on the cheap simply take the free transport to Sosua Bay Club and snorkle at Playa Sosua, otherwise book the RSJ trip at www.northerncoastdiving.com if you prefer the best available within a reasonable distance.

Gregg

kathyg

Jul 18, 2004
snorkeling in cabarete

FireGuy said:
Samana seems an excessive distance to go to simply snorkle IMHO. To get to Playa Grande you have to pass Rio San Juan where an excellent site exists (with Northern Coast Diving). Paradise Island is reputed to be excellent but from Cabarete you are looking at a minimum of 2.5 hours each way.

If you want to go on the cheap simply take the free transport to Sosua Bay Club and snorkle at Playa Sosua, otherwise book the RSJ trip at www.northerncoastdiving.com if you prefer the best available within a reasonable distance.

Gregg
Thanks for your reply. I am aware of the distance you have to go on these tours (the are day tours)

Kathyg

Status
Not open for further replies.