Which hotel and city can you recommend?

Salser0

May 5, 2004
My parents (50+), me and my brother (around 25 years) have decided to celebrate this christmas abroad in a warm country. Here comes the problem, because our requirements differ and we dont have a clue which hotel and city would be best for us. My parents like traveling a lot and are used to some luxury (doesnt have to be much) and they like their daytime not so loud - like animationpeople yelling around all day wouldnt be that great. My brother and I both love to dance (Salsa, Bachata and Merengue) and when traveling we need our Salsafix :) - and it is also an easy way to get to know new people. Some nice excursions also would be nice.

We are looking for a hotel at a nice beach and also with a nice pool, with a good hoteldisco or even better some discos nearby where also locals do hangout. The hotel should have at least 4 stars and some Animation - dancing classes would be nice. Food also should be great, All In would be nice but is not obligatory.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Coral Hamaca

Go to the Coral Hamaca(Hilton) in Boca Chica, they have a private beach, hotel disco and you are 30 minutes from Santo Domingo.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ibero-Star Playa Dorada, Puerto Plata

1) Best excursions and day trips and things to do and see
2) Hot night life all along the coast--Sosua and Cabarete are just a hop and skip away and easy to get to. Santiago is just a little over an hour away with a good selection of sports( winter league baseball games!!) and discos and "tipicos" to go to
3) The hotel is first class. You can get rroms far removed from the pool and "animation area"
4) The POP-Sos?a-Cabarete area is much nicer than Boca Chica. Less obvious hookers stalking tourists and less unattractive places. POP has history, a well recognized society and very nice people. It is a city, not a wart on the coastline.
5) Because I say so.

HB :D:D:D

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
I agree w/HB about the Iberostar, but also take a look at Sosua Bay Hotel & the Victorian House in Sosua.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Listen to HB

He's right the north coast is better, but you have to make at least one excursion to Santo Domingo. :knockedou

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
My 2 cents...

I would recommend Punta Cana, the best hotel I've stayed at is the Melia Caribe/Tropical, very luxurious, the beaches are much better than in the north coast, and there are plenty of things to do in and out of the hotel for you younger guys...

Don't get me wrong, I also love the North Coast...Puerto Plata, Sosua, Cabarete, etc.

I would NEVER recommend ANYONE to go to Boca Chica...been there...would never go again!