Red Bull and Vodka in DR?

sauce

Jul 5, 2004
Only 6 more days to go. I'm gonna try the DR Marlbros for smokes instead of stocking up on my Canadian smokes. But one question i have thought of. Do you guys serve Red Bull and Vodka? I love these drinks. If not is it a problem to bring red bull into DR?

Thanks
mike

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
depending on where you stay you may be able to find red bull. otherwise there are other brands of energy drinks popular in the DR. Some have a better taste than red bull. You may have a problem if you are staying at an all-inclusive.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Red Bull

A.J. said:
depending on where you stay you may be able to find red bull. otherwise there are other brands of energy drinks popular in the DR. Some have a better taste than red bull. You may have a problem if you are staying at an all-inclusive.
If you are staying in an all inclusive resort, it's not likely that they will serve Red Bull as it is rather costly, and if they do have the locally made power drink, Cyclone, they will not be puting in real vodka, but rather some locally made paint stripper they call vodka.
Outside of the resorts, most decent bars will be able to supply you the Red Bull mixed with decent vodka.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Rocky said:
If you are staying in an all inclusive resort, it's not likely that they will serve Red Bull as it is rather costly, and if they do have the locally made power drink, Cyclone, they will not be puting in real vodka, but rather some locally made paint stripper they call vodka.
Outside of the resorts, most decent bars will be able to supply you the Red Bull mixed with decent vodka.

Hey,

Red Bull is available at most supermarkets,Gas Stations and strip clubs. I have seen in many times. It's not a problem to bring them in yourself.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
are u drinking red bull AND vodka together?

On my last visit my friend insists on Absolute and Soda (he prefers lemon vs lime). Even after going to the same bar a few nights in a row...the really nice waitress was always like "wodka???" I kept telling my friend to just order a cube libre....but he insisted.

ANYHOO....there was pleanty of Absolut around...both in the bars and in the stores. Some nights it was just easier to buy a few nips for him and just order a soda...and they had no problem if he spiked his own drink.

I dont think you will have any problems taking in some red bull tho. I have always had a bottle of SOMETHING in my bag and have never had problems. As far as the booze tho...you are going to get a better price down there than you will here. (unless you have a preference for some really obscure botique vodka you will be fine).

I am a vodka drinker myself.....but you should really check out the Brugal Extra Vejo (awesome rum) while you are there. I dont really care for rum myself...but this stuff is ambrosia (and if you are drinking in a bar at night..its a heck of a lot cheaper.

Well..i am envious of you leaving in just a matter of days! I am hoping to get back in the early fall.....but now i am trying to move after my apt got robbed AGAIN last month.

GO!! enjoy! smoke the cheap smokes!!! drink some cheap RUM!!! and dont forget to bring some back!!!

sauce

Jul 5, 2004
Sounds good guys. Thanks for the help. I'll just wait and get it down there. Is it the Americanized carbonated RedBull or is it the stuff in bottles from Tailand?

Thanks
mike

1.5 work days then the weekend then Monday morning at 6:10 i'm outta here.

God these last few days have been dragging.