Update - another love story but...

ritzy

Jun 17, 2004
Hi everyone,

Just a quick update on my story...
My trip to Higuey over the 4th of July was wonderful as usual! I continue to be amazed by how caring my boyfriend and his family are. After a lot of talking we had decided that the best thing for us would be to try things out in the US. So he has applied for a visitors visa and despite what I've heard from most people, we're trying to see if he might be granted the visa to meet my family and friends. He has the requisite things that they look for, ie. job, car, bank account, credit cards, valid passport, etc. but even with all that I know its a long shot. I did write a letter while I was there and took an affidavit of support for him to take with him to the embassy. His interview date is in August. I'm wondering if anyone might have any words of advice or suggestions that might help us out. (or just some words of support even though I'm trying very hard not to get my hopes up....)
Thanks!

P

pcsue

Following your heart . . . .

I don't know your story as I read only occasionally, but you've already done the right thing: do what you thought was right despite all the well-intended advice. There's no guessing if your visa will or won't come through, but in the end if there's a will, there's a way. Our decision was to get a fiancee-visa for my now-husband, and even that was "iffy". It doesn't leave much time for that person to get adjusted. Don't make excuses for your "love story" because it is your story and your business, and it's a good place to be, isn't it? If we can't get excited about LOVE, where are we as a people?? (And yes it can lead to hearbreak, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.) GOOD LUCK!!

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
well, bring as many pictures and as many mementos from your relatinship as possible. that always helps.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Actually it is sometimes a bad idea to show that you are in a relationship with an american while filing for a tourist visa. They have the K1 for such cases. They will be afraid that if he gets the tourist visa you guys might marry in the states.

Many times people do marry while on visitors visas. They thne often need to prove that they entered the states with NO intention of getting married and that the marriage decision was made after arrival etc.

Talldrink said:
well, bring as many pictures and as many mementos from your relatinship as possible. that always helps.