Who mentioned Wachovia?

Miami

Jan 25, 2004
Hello All,

Dumb me.... I was reading the forum the other day and noticed a post naming the bank that is affiliated with Wachovia Bank in the DR, which is ours..... did not make note of it at the time. Duh!

Called Wachovia here in Florida and the girl did not even KNOW where the DR was! It reminded me of when we lived in Nova Scotia for a couple of years and had to call Bank of America for information on account and the rep. had no idea where N.S. was either.... great school system here in the U.S.

Anyway, if anyone would be kind enough to give us the name of that bank, if known, we would be most appreciative.

ALSO, another post mentioned that we should have Hepatitis A and B, I have C vaccination. Do you all agree we should or could we get those vaccinations when we arrive?

Thanks for any input! Susan and George

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Are you by any chance coming to the North Coast? Could put you in touch with American doctor up here, so you could phone & ask the question. Of course, if you have Spanish you could ask Dominican doctors. (This is about the vaccinations, not the bank!)

Miami

Jan 25, 2004
Lambada said:
Are you by any chance coming to the North Coast? Could put you in touch with American doctor up here, so you could phone & ask the question. Of course, if you have Spanish you could ask Dominican doctors. (This is about the vaccinations, not the bank!)

Hi Lambada, hah.... I figured that you were discussing the vaccinations.. yes, we are renting in Casa Linda and will possibly purchase there. Would appreciate the Dr.'s name as my spanish is wobbly! I also, just went on line and saw the schedule for both A and B and, obviously, will have to get them down there as we are coming down the first of September.

We lived in the Florida keys for years and I got the C down there so I should have thought of that in advance...

Thanks mucho...

Miami

Jan 25, 2004
Quick responses!

Escott said:
I mentioned Wachovia. The bank I mentioned was Banco Santo Cruz who uses Wachovia as there correspondant bank in the US.

I thought that would be a natural for me since I also bank at Wachovia.

Scott

How great to get this info so quick... Thanks escott... now all I have to do is convince Wachovia they have a correspondent bank in the DR.... ha...I am off to the px. to advise them of same.

Have you had any problems with them such as the stories I have read about in the forum reference other local banks?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Miami said:
Hi Lambada, hah.... I figured that you were discussing the vaccinations.. yes, we are renting in Casa Linda and will possibly purchase there. Would appreciate the Dr.'s name as my spanish is wobbly! I also, just went on line and saw the schedule for both A and B and, obviously, will have to get them down there as we are coming down the first of September.

We lived in the Florida keys for years and I got the C down there so I should have thought of that in advance...

Thanks mucho...
Dr. James Bailes, cellphone 1-309-6460. I know he has done vaccinations of newly arrived residents from UK. He is listed in DR1 directories, so click there for a description. I see him regularly for hip & back adjustments & have done for 4 years. Nice guy, I'd recommend him.

Rosemary

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 13, 2004
Miami said:
Hello All,

Dumb me.... I was reading the forum the other day and noticed a post naming the bank that is affiliated with Wachovia Bank in the DR, which is ours..... did not make note of it at the time. Duh!

Called Wachovia here in Florida and the girl did not even KNOW where the DR was! It reminded me of when we lived in Nova Scotia for a couple of years and had to call Bank of America for information on account and the rep. had no idea where N.S. was either.... great school system here in the U.S.

Anyway, if anyone would be kind enough to give us the name of that bank, if known, we would be most appreciative.

ALSO, another post mentioned that we should have Hepatitis A and B, I have C vaccination. Do you all agree we should or could we get those vaccinations when we arrive?

Thanks for any input! Susan and George

Dont feel so bad about your bank tellers knowledge or lack of it ! When the President of the U.S.A has no idea where P.E.I. is, even through he imposed a bann on imports coming from it, then I would start to worry !!!!!!

jerryme

Feb 1, 2004
Hep A is the first vaccination you need. It is one shot then a second shot 6 MONTHS LATER to fully work. You need these shots long BEFORE you get to the DR or any third world country ( or Chi Chi's in the U.S. ). Hep B is for blood born diseases, cooking will kill those.(If any food preparer drops blood in your food) Hep C , what are you planning on having sex with ? Just kidding. Hep A is all you need.

Avoid salads is the best way to avoid Hep A and always have food cooked well done

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Miami said:
How great to get this info so quick... Thanks escott... now all I have to do is convince Wachovia they have a correspondent bank in the DR.... ha...I am off to the px. to advise them of same.

Have you had any problems with them such as the stories I have read about in the forum reference other local banks?
They are a decent bank although I know someone who did have some problems with them because of a husband slapping a embargo on all her funds.

You wouldnt have to convince them of anything. Just come to the DR, open an account with Banco Santo Cruz and when you transfer monies it should take less time both ways. I wouldn't keep an awful lot of money in any DR bank btw. Most of my cash is with a finance house who isn't governed by the banking system.

Scott

PS> the actual correspondent bank was First Union who Wachovia took over.