looking for Aparta-Hotel to stay

cielito_Azul

Jul 21, 2004
Hello People, how's everybody doing?

I'm new in here and I need some info.

I will be traveling to Santo Domingo in August 21 and i'm planning to stay for 2 weeks. I need some info about los Aparta-Hoteles in DR. I've heard that it's cheaper to rent an Aparta-Hotel than going to a Hotel which pays $50 USD per night or more. I really don't know which one is better. I live in New york and i'm a 28 y/o female. any info about this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance guys!

ZR

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
linguisticservices.aio-world.net
Aparta Hotel in Santo Domingo

Go to Pension Serena in Ciudad Nueva. Address: Calle El N?mero # 6. It is centrally located and under Swiss management. The rooms (studios) with cooking facilities are simply furnished (no luxury) and the rent includes cable TV. Monthly rent: 240 USD or equivalent in RD Pesos.
Additional information under hansbert@tricom.net or phone: 682 21 38

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Hi,
I am on holiday here in SD and just yesterday I checked out the rate at Apart-Hotel Plaza Colonial near Parque Independencia (809-687-9111).
It is a big place with swimming pool and different sizes of appartments, a studio with airco bedroom, living room with small kitchenette, bathroom, all very basic costs 45US per day. I was not impressed really.
Bartolomeo

cielito_Azul

Jul 21, 2004
thanks

thank you for your info hansbert. you'll hear again from me. :cheeky:

hansbert said:
Go to Pension Serena in Ciudad Nueva. Address: Calle El N?mero # 6. It is centrally located and under Swiss management. The rooms (studios) with cooking facilities are simply furnished (no luxury) and the rent includes cable TV. Monthly rent: 240 USD or equivalent in RD Pesos.
Additional information under hansbert@tricom.net or phone: 682 21 38

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Cielito Azul,

Just my suggestion here:

If I were you make sure you get plenty of good info about the Apart-Hotel you choose if you really are going to take that route. I am assuming that the purpose of your trip is for pleasure (vacation) so sometimes hotels are better in the sense that you don't have to worry about groceries and buying food etc. I stayed at an Apart hotel once several years ago and I was not impressed although the Apart-Hotel was relatively new. Everything else about it was not to my liking. If you are strictly looking to cut your costs keep searching for reasonbaly priced hotels. You still have time and as I mentioned in my other post Hotel Napolitano is a nice balance and definitely worth it. My recent stay there was less than a year ago and buffet breakfast was inlcuded in the cost of 89.00/night. Check it out and send me a private email if you want to know anything else.

Chao.

cielito_Azul said:
Hello People, how's everybody doing?

I'm new in here and I need some info.

I will be traveling to Santo Domingo in August 21 and i'm planning to stay for 2 weeks. I need some info about los Aparta-Hoteles in DR. I've heard that it's cheaper to rent an Aparta-Hotel than going to a Hotel which pays $50 USD per night or more. I really don't know which one is better. I live in New york and i'm a 28 y/o female. any info about this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance guys!

ZR