Iberostar Punta Cana

SafireDream

Jul 5, 2004
I have been to DR before but I am going to take my sister along with me in October. Will be staying at Iberostar Punta Cana. Does anyone have any info on what tours to take or what to do. I have a few friends that live in the DR (in Higuey) who will take us off the resort for at least one day. Where is the nightlife or the local places to interact with the people. Sometimes staying on the resorts get boring. Any input would be appreciated. Oh, we are definitely up for a good party and good food. (Authentic food not resort variety). Thanks!

stanton

Jul 20, 2004
SafireDream said:
I have been to DR before but I am going to take my sister along with me in October. Will be staying at Iberostar Punta Cana. Does anyone have any info on what tours to take or what to do. I have a few friends that live in the DR (in Higuey) who will take us off the resort for at least one day. Where is the nightlife or the local places to interact with the people. Sometimes staying on the resorts get boring. Any input would be appreciated. Oh, we are definitely up for a good party and good food. (Authentic food not resort variety). Thanks!

We just got back on Sunday. They have over 30 diffrent tours.
What do you like to do?
Land or Sea? Shopping ?

SafireDream

Jul 5, 2004
stanton said:
We just got back on Sunday. They have over 30 diffrent tours.
What do you like to do?
Land or Sea? Shopping ?

I am actually going to be doing research for a non-profit organization. My sister would probably like to shop and take land trips. She gets a little sea sick at times. Any information that you provide would be great. When I went before, I took the tour to Alto de Chavon for 1/2 day. It was okay but not something I would necessarily do again.