no guests at all inclusive resorts??

diamondback101

Jul 22, 2004
Hey how is everyone. We will be down in puerta plata at the end of August. Both of us are recently single again and will obviously be looking to try and hook up. We hear that there are a lot of great women down here. The problem is we are hearing it is almost impossible to bring someone you meet back to your hotel room if it is and all inclusive resort?? Is this the case?? If so does anyone have an idea of a hotel that might be a better place to stay? We really arent planning on spending much time with each other if you know what I mean,lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Stay at a non-inclusive "Guest Friendly" local hotel or do what the locals do and rent a Cabana room by the hour.

AI's were a terrible choice if women (other than guests in the same resort) were one of your primary motivators in booking the trip.

Use the "Search" function at the top of the page and "Voila!".

Gregg

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Synonyms

diamondback101 said:
We hear that there are a lot of great women down here. The problem is we are hearing it is almost impossible to bring someone you meet back to your hotel room if it is and all inclusive resort?? Is this the case??

"Guests" = "Prostitutes". You should say what you mean, like we are total dodos here, really.
Management's attitude = get the hell out.
Don't try for the AI "benefits" and the non AI "frills" also.

diamondback101

Jul 22, 2004
Thanks Fire,,any suggestions on some good hotels that aren't AI in susoa or puerta plata,,even Santiago would be okay.

Figures you are from Canada Rick. Is there really a reason to be so obnoxious in your replys? Hope I don't run into many individuals like yourself while I am on vacation.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Hotel Europa in Sosua is said to be guest friendly. Not AI, but not high priced, either.

Red_Girl

Mar 5, 2004
diamondback101 said:
Figures you are from Canada Rick. Is there really a reason to be so obnoxious in your replys? Hope I don't run into many individuals like yourself while I am on vacation.

Hey! I'm not defending Rick by any means, but don't take a knock at all Canadians like that!

Where are you booking from? For me it was cheaper to book an AI package than to pay for a hotel and food separately. I used a discount travel website (from Canada ;). Depending on how often you want to - ahem - use the hotel bedroom, it might be cheaper to do the cabana thing. Any word from anyone on how much those cost? You can also buy day passes for guests to hang out in your hotel. Again, I don't know how much that costs or if you can buy a 24 hour pass. Also, are you planning on meeting lovely Dominicanas or are you looking to hook up with other tourists? In that case, you might find someone in your hotel. I'm no expert on this topic, but for me, buying a flight alone would have been about 550 with tax, and we paid 750 (CDN) for everything. We thought about not doing AI, but there was really no point. Good luck!

diamondback101

Jul 22, 2004
You are absolutely correct Red Girl. In no means did I mean to stereotype all Canadians. It just seems that all the obnoxious responses come from the men in Canada. Kind of sad if you ask me. Also the heat here in Phoenix is wearing me out today. I appreciate your response and hope you have fun on your next trip.

Rosemary

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 13, 2004
AI package

Red_Girl said:
Hey! I'm not defending Rick by any means, but don't take a knock at all Canadians like that!

Where are you booking from? For me it was cheaper to book an AI package than to pay for a hotel and food separately. I used a discount travel website (from Canada ;). Depending on how often you want to - ahem - use the hotel bedroom, it might be cheaper to do the cabana thing. Any word from anyone on how much those cost? You can also buy day passes for guests to hang out in your hotel. Again, I don't know how much that costs or if you can buy a 24 hour pass. Also, are you planning on meeting lovely Dominicanas or are you looking to hook up with other tourists? In that case, you might find someone in your hotel. I'm no expert on this topic, but for me, buying a flight alone would have been about 550 with tax, and we paid 750 (CDN) for everything. We thought about not doing AI, but there was really no point. Good luck!

Could I ask what travel website you used in Canada ! Planning on a trip in Oct. Thanks !

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Good Advice, No Euphemisms

diamondback101 said:
You are absolutely correct Red Girl. In no means did I mean to stereotype all Canadians. It just seems that all the obnoxious responses come from the men in Canada. Kind of sad if you ask me. Also the heat here in Phoenix is wearing me out today. I appreciate your response and hope you have fun on your next trip.

Don't bet the farm with a day pass that they will admit a working girl in an AI. You want advice, then stay out of AI's spend the $ on a guest friendly hotel and as long as they have real ID, management won't care. And frankly day passes are very expensive for what you are looking for, probably 2-3X the cost of your "friend".

The advice was valid , and if you are such a sensitive blossom when you get there you'll be taken advantage of the moment you arrive. It was abundantly clear what you wanted so don't gild the lily, and ask straight out.

The area of POP has quite a few places catering to what you guys want to do, if you are very new and you are, and you have little or no Spanish you might want to try Blackbeard's in Costambar or the Sosua palace, both of which sort of help the process along and set price caps, though IMHO they are ridiculously high they are not as high as a sensitive boo-boo kitty new tourist would be swindled into paying. And from what I hear the rooms are quite reasonable so that does complensate for the surcharges.

Red_Girl

Mar 5, 2004
Rosemary said:
Could I ask what travel website you used in Canada ! Planning on a trip in Oct. Thanks !

I use either www.itravel2000.com or www.selloffvacations.com. Both have very good prices, and both are in Canadian dollars. Keep in mind that any price you see will have a $213 tax added to it, but that is the tax you will pay to go the DR on a plane ticket or anything. Check the packages and last minute deals, and keep watching. The price fluctuates daily, and I think it gets lower the closer you get to your departure date. Also, if you are flexible on what day you want to leave, it'll be even cheaper. I saw plenty in the $460 range (plus tax).

Sorry to hijack your thread, diamondback101. Back to you - there was another thread on Blackbeards a while back, search for it on the site and you'll find plenty of info on it.

diamondback101

Jul 22, 2004
Sensitive boo-boo kitty. LMAO. I grew up in park slope Brooklyn and just moved to AZ bout 8 months ago(thats why the heat is getting to me). Street savy is the least of my problems. My objection with you Rick is that I was not looking for working girls in my post but rather that we would both hook up in a club and would like to bring the girls back to the hotel to hang out. I realize that you are more familiar with "paying" for your good time but thats not what we both are hoping for. I do appreciate your last response however as well as everyone elses. We will continue to look at the post's to try and find a hotel that suits our needs.

No need to worry about taking over our thread Red Girl. Its all about trying to help people out.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
My Friend cum on down.......

Stay at the A1's and have a ball, there are plenty of shag shacks outside the a1's, just ask anyone,,,,,,And Don't worry about the Canadian, The difference between a Canoe and a Canuck is that a Canoe tips and a Canuck does not.
fortunately there are a lot of good Canadians on this board and there is one Assho..

Gringo

Apr 26, 2002
diamondback101 said:
...I was not looking for working girls in my post but rather that we would both hook up in a club and would like to bring the girls back to the hotel to hang out. I realize that you are more familiar with "paying" for your good time but thats not what we both are hoping for.
What can I say to this post other than that to know the DR is to understand how contradictory this is. Yo, yuse Parks Slope guyss. You'll have a great time if you get out of the AI. But you also have no idea what you're in for. The lines here are blurred on most things.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I totally agree with Ken, Sosua and Hotel Europa would be your best choise. I have stayed there several times myself.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
diamondback101 said:
Sensitive boo-boo kitty. LMAO. I grew up in park slope Brooklyn and just moved to AZ bout 8 months ago(thats why the heat is getting to me). Street savy is the least of my problems. My objection with you Rick is that I was not looking for working girls in my post but rather that we would both hook up in a club and would like to bring the girls back to the hotel to hang out. I realize that you are more familiar with "paying" for your good time but thats not what we both are hoping for. I do appreciate your last response however as well as everyone elses. We will continue to look at the post's to try and find a hotel that suits our needs.

No need to worry about taking over our thread Red Girl. Its all about trying to help people out.

Who do you think you are hooking up with in the clubs in Puerto Plata no less? You are so green, good luck. Or cheap , perhaps.

In any event you could "hook up" with Beyonce in a club and if you are in an AI she isn't getting in not for moral reasons, becuase they are cheap and don't want people eating and drinking for free.

And I know a great deal about the DR scene and no, I am not used to "paying" for a good time, but I know many, many , many green stupid gringos that get in trouble becuase they know it all. Usually the ones on day 3 of the vacation who are out of money because the free girls in the clubs and on the streets have fleeced them dry.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Nice Self Insult

Gringo said:
...there are a lot of good Canadians on this board and there is one Assho.....Gringo

Quit beating yourelf up, in writing no less.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Thanks Gringo,

Gringo said:
there are a lot of good Canadians on this board...

I resemble that remark.

Hmm..

I wonder if

diamondback101 said:
Thanks Fire...

Figures you are from Canada Rick.

diamondback101 knew "I AM CANDIAN" when he thanked me and dissed Rick, not as much as for what he said, as for being Canadian - all in the same posting.

Gregg

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Gregg where are you posting from? Did you take a laptop with you ? ;) See you tomorrow. Dominican fiesta.

Opps hijack.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi Anna,

Anna Coniglio said:
Gregg where are you posting from? Did you take a laptop with you ? ;) See you tomorrow. Dominican fiesta.

Opps hijack.

At my son's place in Windsor, ON.

See you tomorrow. Double oops - continued hijack. (LOL)

Gregg