Apartment or house for rent in Sosua

L. H.

Nov 23, 2003
My boyfriend and I are looking for an apartment or a house for rent in Sosua, or near Sosua that is not too expensive (less than 300 dollars) with 24 h electricity and water (really important).
If anyone knows a place, please let me know...

L. H.

Nov 23, 2003
I guess I was lucky ... I pay 6500 pesos for a small house with inverter. The only bad thing: there's no water when there's no power.
Unfortunately the landlord is selling it. But I stay positive, I hope I can still find something in my price range...

L. H.

Nov 23, 2003
The house I have been renting for one year now is in El Batey, in a very nice neighbourhood. The landlord is from Santo Domingo and he never increased the rent. I guess he just wanted someone to be there and take care of the house.
The inverter is pretty big (8 batteries) but only works with 4 right now. But we never have problems with it, it can last for 7-8 hours, sometimes more. And here in Sosua, we get 2-3 hours electricity, sometimes more, everyday. It is enough to recharge. But also, there is no one in the house during the day.
I know I will not find another opportunity like that, but maybe someone who rents his place cheaper because they need someone to take care of it...

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
You are luckier than most of the people I know in town. My maintenence is more than your rent for a 2 bedroom Condo. I don't know many people with as good services that we have though.

Your inverter runs the pump?

Scott

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
You're a lucky man

Escott said:
Good luck. I don't know where you can get 24 hour electric today on the north coast for 2xx dollars a month resident or tourist.

Scott
Scott--Not even in Bushwick Brooklyn.Imagine for $900 a month I have to give tenants electric 24/7 :}

JOHN

L. H.

Nov 23, 2003
No the inverter doesn't run the pump... that's why we have no water when there is no electricity... but I learned to live the Dominican way, with a bucket ;o)))

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
L. H. said:
No the inverter doesn't run the pump... that's why we have no water when there is no electricity... but I learned to live the Dominican way, with a bucket ;o)))

LH .... I had the same problem with the inverter not running the pump and had someone suggest attaching a smaller pump to the larger pump ... this works!

spiderman

Jun 17, 2002
sosua or cabarete

when i go to DR i stay in SFM with my familoy but im curious to see if i can just rent a place on the weeknds friday till sunday afternoons for 2 months in the north coast water or electroicity wouldnt be a real issue since ill be mostly in the beach and bars, also i would like to bring my girlfriend or cousin if possible ill be down there from december till feb, can i do this kind of thing without spending too much? and not get a crappy place lol ?

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
Scott - The inverter I just bought from Mr. Mike (whom I highly recommend) powers my fridge, 2 tvs w/dvd, lights, fans and microwave for 24 hours and charges in about 3 or 4 hours max if batteries are fully depleted. We have a water tank on the roof of our building, so that's no problem. It fills when we have power. I've got 4 batteries.

I plan to have the apartment for at least 2 years, so it adds about $50 to my rent, but of course I own it. - D

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Hey Danny,
Matter of fact I just picked up another Inverter from Mr. Mike today when I was in Santiago. Mr. Mike is on my short list of people I depend on in the Dominican Republic. This is the second one I have picked up from him but alas they were both for friends and not myself.

I presently live in El Neptuno in Sosua which has 24/7 power, water and everything else a man can want so I have no need at present for such trivial things:)

I am going to build a house in Cabarete and just finished 4x3 meter Planta Caseta where I will put my 40kw Generator to provide electric for my property. When I get the house done I will get one of the SW5.5kw Inverters with the switch that turns the generator on when the batteries get low and I will purchase that bad boy from Mr. Mike also. He just installed one to run his entire shop with 32 batteries and I almost fell over when I saw that array.

Don't want to hijack this thread because the person was looking for a apartment to rent originally so back to the topic:)

Still haven't found a place for you with 24/7 services for under 300 US a month.

Scott