Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Apartment or house for rent in Sosua

My boyfriend and I are looking for an apartment or a house for rent in Sosua, or near Sosua that is not too expensive (less than 300 dollars) with 24 h electricity and water (really important).
    If anyone knows a place, please let me know...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

less than 300 for what period of time?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Per month... (I am a resident, not a tourist...)

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck. I don't know where you can get 24 hour electric today on the north coast for 2xx dollars a month resident or tourist.

Scott

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I was lucky ... I pay 6500 pesos for a small house with inverter. The only bad thing: there's no water when there's no power.
    Unfortunately the landlord is selling it. But I stay positive, I hope I can still find something in my price range...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is the house located? Behind Sosua Abajo, Charamicos?

Good luck in your search.

Scott

PS> curious how your inverter works with no electric to charge the inverter for 29 hours?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The house I have been renting for one year now is in El Batey, in a very nice neighbourhood. The landlord is from Santo Domingo and he never increased the rent. I guess he just wanted someone to be there and take care of the house.
    The inverter is pretty big (8 batteries) but only works with 4 right now. But we never have problems with it, it can last for 7-8 hours, sometimes more. And here in Sosua, we get 2-3 hours electricity, sometimes more, everyday. It is enough to recharge. But also, there is no one in the house during the day.
    I know I will not find another opportunity like that, but maybe someone who rents his place cheaper because they need someone to take care of it...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You are luckier than most of the people I know in town. My maintenence is more than your rent for a 2 bedroom Condo. I don't know many people with as good services that we have though.

Your inverter runs the pump?

Scott

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default You're a lucky man

Quote Originally Posted by Escott
    Good luck. I don't know where you can get 24 hour electric today on the north coast for 2xx dollars a month resident or tourist.

Scott
    Scott--Not even in Bushwick Brooklyn.Imagine for $900 a month I have to give tenants electric 24/7 :}

JOHN

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

No the inverter doesn't run the pump... that's why we have no water when there is no electricity... but I learned to live the Dominican way, with a bucket ;o)))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast