learn spanish

Johnrs

Apr 28, 2004
I am an american male who just moved here to live with a friend. I know a little spanish, but not enough to communicate well. I would like to attend a college in the capitol (santo domingo, where I live) My problem is I travel for my job back and forth every few months to the U.S. and did not know how that will work with attending class. I may be absent on and off. What college's are here, how many in santo domingo? or a website I could review? Any help I would apperciate. -John

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Check out short term programs offered at UNAPEC language school (Maximo Gomez corner Mexico Avenue), ICDA language school (Abraham Lincoln 21). The Pontificia Universidad Catolica Madre y Maestra (campus Santo Tomas de Aquino on Abraham Lincoln) offers a longer lasting Spanish degree program. Look under escuelas de idiomas or universidades in the telephone book for telephone numbers, but best if you visit in person.

Johnrs

Apr 28, 2004
Dolores said:
Check out short term programs offered at UNAPEC language school (Maximo Gomez corner Mexico Avenue), ICDA language school (Abraham Lincoln 21). The Pontificia Universidad Catolica Madre y Maestra (campus Santo Tomas de Aquino on Abraham Lincoln) offers a longer lasting Spanish degree program. Look under escuelas de idiomas or universidades in the telephone book for telephone numbers, but best if you visit in person.

Thank you Dolores, I will look into all this!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Even the Aliance Fran?aise

Has classes of Spanish for Foreigners..
Both in Sto Dgo y Santiago..

HB :D:D

Johnrs

Apr 28, 2004
Hillbilly said:
Has classes of Spanish for Foreigners..
Both in Sto Dgo y Santiago..

HB :D:D
What and where is this place? What does the name stand for? Thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
These are what are called "Bi-National Centers

The Dominico Americano is the oldest and most famous, and nowadays the French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese governments at least help out with language classes for people that might have businesses in those areas.

The Alianza Franc?s is on Estrella Sadhal? in Santiago, past Price Smart and over the bridge, on your right hand side; Phone is 582 4998

In Santo Domingo it is on Vicioso Street and the phone is 532 2844
The website is: www.afsd.net

HB