Certificado de Garantia from Plaza Lama worth anything?

reracked

Sep 26, 2003
Hi all
I was wondering if the warranty for home appliance provided by Plaza Lama
is worth anything?
My TV set died last night and I don't wanna frag the heavy pounder al along
to the capital to find out after a while that they wont take care of it.
Anybody with good/bad experiences?

Cheers

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
In my personal experience, a tv and microwave, the warranty and service papers from Plaza Lama make only a poor grade of toilet paper. Quite possibly the trash you see on the road sides are Plaza Lama warranty papers as they have no use. I foresee no circumstance that would cause me to spend a single peso there ever again.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I've had good luck..............

For many years, I thought it was trash too, and never even kept track of the guarantee's etc. Then about 2 years ago I had problems with an air conditioner and they sent someone to the house and fixed it..........with no charge. Another needed to be repaired this year too and again no problem.

Everything we buy for the last two years for my house and rentals is now always an LG and always from Plaza Lama. I have never had to service any TV's, Fridges or Freezer that I have purchased, but would assume and hope that I would get the same good service. I live in POP and they still serviced my air conditioners here in POP.

jcarn

Jun 28, 2004
Hrm, instead of dragging the tv anywhere why not just give them a call and ask them? 1-809-561-0000 is thier number according to yahoo.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Lg

POP Bad Boy said:
For many years, I thought it was trash too, and never even kept track of the guarantee's etc. Then about 2 years ago I had problems with an air conditioner and they sent someone to the house and fixed it..........with no charge. Another needed to be repaired this year too and again no problem.

Everything we buy for the last two years for my house and rentals is now always an LG and always from Plaza Lama. I have never had to service any TV's, Fridges or Freezer that I have purchased, but would assume and hope that I would get the same good service. I live in POP and they still serviced my air conditioners here in POP.
Yeah, they'll service LG, as they don't want to lose the exclusive distributorship of that cheap Korean POS, formerly known as Goldstar.
They make so much money flogging LG junk, that they can afford to give you service under guarantee.
The problem is with the rest of the stuff they sell.

reracked

Sep 26, 2003
Well, I give it a shot and see what happens...
Might come back later to tell you about my experience.