Roast Beef Dinner at The Square & Compass

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Primarily for the attention of British folks. - The square & Compass restaurant at 14 Pedro Clisante, Sosua do an excellent "Sunday" roast on a Wednesday night! Trouble is last Wednesday nobody booked so when we went down there we were disappointed (Although the wonderful Chicken Vindaloo and Prawn Madras soon put things right). We are assured that this Wednesday is roast beef and all the trimmings but if there isn't enough interest then they will stop making it. :disappoin

Make a note in your diaries and try to pop along once in a while - it's well worth the trouble, and if you like a good British style curry it's not to be missed anyway.

We'll be heading down there at around 8.00. Maybe Nicky and I will see some of you there? You should phone Chris to book on 981 8019.

See ya!

Simon & Nicky

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
Simon & Nicky said:
Primarily for the attention of British folks. - The square & Compass restaurant at 14 Pedro Clisante, Sosua do an excellent "Sunday" roast on a Wednesday night! Trouble is last Wednesday nobody booked so when we went down there we were disappointed (Although the wonderful Chicken Vindaloo and Prawn Madras soon put things right). We are assured that this Wednesday is roast beef and all the trimmings but if there isn't enough interest then they will stop making it. :disappoin

Make a note in your diaries and try to pop along once in a while - it's well worth the trouble, and if you like a good British style curry it's not to be missed anyway.

We'll be heading down there at around 8.00. Maybe Nicky and I will see some of you there? You should phone Chris to book on 981 8019.

See ya!

Simon & Nicky

We have eaten at the Square and Compass several times recently and the curries there are really good. Plenty of food and delicious. Maybe we'll see you there Nicky and Simon on Wednesday night for another curry or the roast beef dinner.

Chester4

gjsuk

Apr 7, 2003
Bangers and mash

are also highly recommended, now all Chris needs to do is get some ESB.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I'll join this thread as I grew up in a British colony... Good curry, bangers and mash, roast beef and yorkshire pud -- bubble and squeek :) ... My mouth is watering. We'll certainly try this. Do they have puddings? with hard sauce?

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Got me thinking now!

Fancy mentioning bubble and squeek! I didn't think I was home sick but oh for a plate of "bubble" from my local greasy spoon cafe. Should I mention toad-in-the-hole or are our American cousins going to get upset? ;)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Followed by a fried egg sarnie ladled with HP sauce, an after sarnie with marmite fillng, all washed down with a cup of rosie lee!

Of course, all of the above have to be accompanied by a PROPER rendition of Pomp & Circumstance recorded at "The Last Night of the Proms"!!! (Now THAT will surely engender some response from "The Colonies"!!!!) - Grahame.

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
Is this some sort of Cryptic, Masonic, (square & compass), thing???? The language being used here seems very strange and unusual to me.
Could it be that they are trying to reestablish the ?colonies?? :devious:
John

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
johnsr said:
Is this some sort of Cryptic, Masonic, (square & compass), thing???? The language being used here seems very strange and unusual to me.
Could it be that they are trying to reestablish the ?colonies?? :devious:
John
Wait until you "feel" the handshake! :p

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Me thinks the Brits need

to do some translations for the non-Brits that might be interested in learning some of the arcane terms..One never knows when one might be returning to visit "Merry Old..." and in need of some of that "whatever-it-was-you-were-talking-about".

HEHEHE

HB :D:D:D:D

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hillbilly said:
to do some translations for the non-Brits that might be interested in learning some of the arcane terms..One never knows when one might be returning to visit "Merry Old..." and in need of some of that "whatever-it-was-you-were-talking-about".

HEHEHE

HB :D:D:D:D

Hope to give you your first lesson tomorrow whist travelling in the charabang! Further lessons due in the forthcoming weeks here at Playa Dorada with GreyGhost, at Santiago with you plus the senior off-spring, & maybe down at Playa Grande too!! Your comment of "One never knows when one might ......." indicates you will be a suitable case for convertion to English as spoken by the English!!! I'll put you up for the "Honours List" to boot if some rosy lee is produced at your home when I call!! LORD HB - I LIKE that ring!! - Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Lambada said:
I like the ring of Duquesa de Hovel, but its the wrong gender! Just "taking the mickey" HB....I'd never liken you to a tip! :cheeky:

Oh I would, ...... he's a real "Tip-Top" sort of guy!! Maybe the Honours list could be extended to the Duque y Duquesa de Windsor?? I'd LOVE to see this guy dressed in Morning Coat with Top Hat etc! Especially if he had to wear a monacle too!! - Grahame.

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
And with all this, does any person really wonder why the British empire collapsed? It was probably due to communications, like electricity in DR.

Sharron

Dec 19, 2002
Hope you folks up there enjoyed your dinner lst night.

Do they have real gravy and proper roast spuds with the dinner, and custard with the spotted dick?

I feel a trip to the North Coast coming on, you guys living up there are really lucky, the restaurants down here have nothing to offer a Brit. I?m back to the UK in three weeks and stocking up on supplies. Oh I?m feeling hungry.