Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Roast Beef Dinner at The Square & Compass

Primarily for the attention of British folks. - The square & Compass restaurant at 14 Pedro Clisante, Sosua do an excellent "Sunday" roast on a Wednesday night! Trouble is last Wednesday nobody booked so when we went down there we were disappointed (Although the wonderful Chicken Vindaloo and Prawn Madras soon put things right). We are assured that this Wednesday is roast beef and all the trimmings but if there isn't enough interest then they will stop making it.

Make a note in your diaries and try to pop along once in a while - it's well worth the trouble, and if you like a good British style curry it's not to be missed anyway.

We'll be heading down there at around 8.00. Maybe Nicky and I will see some of you there? You should phone Chris to book on 981 8019.

See ya!

Simon & Nicky

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simon & Nicky
    Primarily for the attention of British folks. - The square & Compass restaurant at 14 Pedro Clisante, Sosua do an excellent "Sunday" roast on a Wednesday night! Trouble is last Wednesday nobody booked so when we went down there we were disappointed (Although the wonderful Chicken Vindaloo and Prawn Madras soon put things right). We are assured that this Wednesday is roast beef and all the trimmings but if there isn't enough interest then they will stop making it.

Make a note in your diaries and try to pop along once in a while - it's well worth the trouble, and if you like a good British style curry it's not to be missed anyway.

We'll be heading down there at around 8.00. Maybe Nicky and I will see some of you there? You should phone Chris to book on 981 8019.

See ya!

Simon & Nicky
    We have eaten at the Square and Compass several times recently and the curries there are really good. Plenty of food and delicious. Maybe we'll see you there Nicky and Simon on Wednesday night for another curry or the roast beef dinner.

Chester4

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done, Simon & Nicky! Nothing I like to see better than a good old bit of flag waving.....should keep the colonies in their places, what old boy?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bangers and mash

are also highly recommended, now all Chris needs to do is get some ESB.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll join this thread as I grew up in a British colony... Good curry, bangers and mash, roast beef and yorkshire pud -- bubble and squeek ... My mouth is watering. We'll certainly try this. Do they have puddings? with hard sauce?

Post Thanks / Like

Dare I ask if they do spotted dick?

Chiri

Goddess
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya
    Dare I ask if they do spotted dick?
    What sort of language is this? Moderator, moderator!

What?

Sorry, carry on.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Got me thinking now!

Fancy mentioning bubble and squeek! I didn't think I was home sick but oh for a plate of "bubble" from my local greasy spoon cafe. Should I mention toad-in-the-hole or are our American cousins going to get upset?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

And what about a chip butty? (?More problems from the American cousins? )

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Followed by a fried egg sarnie ladled with HP sauce, an after sarnie with marmite fillng, all washed down with a cup of rosie lee!

Of course, all of the above have to be accompanied by a PROPER rendition of Pomp & Circumstance recorded at "The Last Night of the Proms"!!! (Now THAT will surely engender some response from "The Colonies"!!!!) - Grahame.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast