Baseball and Escursions from Costa Caribe Coral near Santo Domingo

Aremorra

Jul 27, 2004
Hoping for some specific information. I have been researching travel books, magazines and websites for weeks and have pretty much decided on staying at the Costa Caribe Coral for a week's vacation in November. I am a single female who is turning 50 but not looking forward to that! I am interested in taking some excursions particularly into Santo Domingo for the historical sites. I also want to go to a baseball game. Can't find much information on baseball as the website I finally found is all in Spanish. :) I don't plan on booking any excursions till I get there since I want to check things out first. Any recommendations for this area? I spent hours looking for the best deal and found what I think is the best deal on Travelocity which surprised me. Hotel and airfare from Albany,NY for $824 for six night oceanview AI. Am wondering if I should grab this now or wait and see if I can get a better deal later. Thanks for any help!!!

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Dominican Baseball really gets underway in the Winter. There may be some games at Quisqueya during summer, but they would most likely be minor league games between some of the facilities affiliated with American teams.

I would like to go see the Mets minor league guys playing as well as check out their camp in san cristobal.

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Rafael, I am also a (lowly) Mets fan and was wondering if they allowed visitors at their camp. I will be going to SDQ in August and would love to take the drive into San Cristobal.

Any clue?

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
I believe the official season starts in November and ends in February. Tickets aren't too difficult to come by, and not very expensive compared to MLB tickets.

Here's a link to the Licey website. http://www.licey.com/ There's some info there.

Idiot in hindsight story: I was in Santiago in January and decided to hunt for some Dominican team beisbol t-shirts around town. Could not locate any around Calle de Sol, so my friend takes me over to Estadio Cibao, because Licey was playing Aguilas. He works for a newspaper covering sports. We get there and the stadium is closed, but he speaks with a couple of security guys and they let us in to buy some t-shirts. Could've gotten tickets and watched the game, but no, I'm not thinking. The game turned out to be really good. Kicking myself in the *** since then. I'm at a game next season.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
You have a bigger problem than you think

NY1 said:
Rafael, I am also a (lowly) Mets fan and was wondering if they allowed visitors at their camp. I will be going to SDQ in August and would love to take the drive into San Cristobal.

Any clue?

Guess you didn't know that immigrations at SDQ has a data file on all Mets fans since 1999. Since that date all known Mets fans are subject to searchs,passport investigations and special one time tourist tax of up to $250

I would suggest you think about this trip again (or change N.Y. team affliation)
JOHN GO YANKS!!!!

cdn_golfer

Dec 5, 2003
Coral Costa Caribe

I will be at this resort form Nov 26th for a week to do some relaxing and golf. I have never thought of going to a baseball game, but I'm sure it would be better than the Blue Jay games I have had to put up with lately. If you are going around this time, have found out how to go to a game and want company, let me know. Sounds like agreat day trip.