Santo Domingo to Sosua Travel Time

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
Hi,

I couldn't find the info but looking for approx car travel time between Santo Domingo airport to Sosua. I have a friend (2 adults and 4 kids) that have the option to land in Santo Domingo and drive to Sosua. Car rental better idea than a bus?

Looking for travel time by bus or by car.

Appreciated,

Eric Carignan

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
If they don't know their way, I would highly recommend the bus as it can get tricky in Santiago.

From Las Americas to Sosua by car, about 4hours. From the bus station in SD to Sosua, about the same but you have to add the time from the airport to the bus station (30-45 mins?).

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If they decide to take a rental

I can give you perfect directions...

Time is:
SDQ-Sto Dgo= 45 minutes
From one side of Sto Dgo to the other = 30-45 mins
From Santo Domingo outskirts to Santiago outskirts = 1:30 +/- 15 mins.
From one side of Santiago to the other = 20 minutes (9 lights)
Highway to Sosua-through the tunnel-1:45- 2:00 hours
Highway to Sosua over the mountains-daylight only-1:30 +/-10 minutes
All times approximate, but based on normal conditions.

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Caribe Tours has comfortable, air conditioned buses leaving Santo Domingo hourly for Sosua. Travel time is 4.25-4.50 hours, including a rest stop in Santiago to use the bathroom and get something to eat or drink, and a brief stop in Puerto Plata to let off passengers. Price per person is RD$210/person. There is a taxi stand at the Sosua terminal of Caribe Tours where you can get a taxi to your hotel or rental. If it is in Sosua, the taxi will charge RD$150 for the taxi.

I'd recommend the bus for your friends. Most of the busses have working CD players to show movies during the trip.