Translation of Marriage Certificate

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
I need someone who is fluent in both Spanish and English to translate a one page document for me from Spanish to English for Immigration purposes. Does anyone here know someone who is very fluent and can sign a document stating they certify that they are fluent in both languages.

Thanks

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
When I got my Dominicann wife's visa for the US

I had to translate our Dominican Marriage certificate into English.The translator had to be certfied by the Embassy,as a translator.I found a guy who was and I was surprized how inexpensive he was!CC

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
Translation

I had to have mine translated by a professional too. Actually, I did the translation. But I had to pay him 15 dollars to sign it and send his official letter that the translation was correct.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It has to be done by a certified legal translator. Any lawyer's office will be able to refer you to one. When I had to have my birth certificate translated - one of the requisites for getting married in the DR - they did a reasonable job.

The only mistake was the translation of my father's profession at the time of my birth which was 'House Doctor' to 'Medico a Domicilio', when in fact a House Doctor in the UK is a junior hospital doctor, not a doctor who makes house calls. It didn't make much difference in the scheme of things though.

Chiri

dwntwn22

Aug 25, 2003
marrage translator

the consulate in Philadelphia can do it..the phone number is 215 923 3006 thats where I had mine done..fax number is 215 923 3007...hope this helps...