If a person was so inclined (Harley Davidson) would be available!

jjakque

Sep 16, 2002
FACTS or OPINIONS wanted​

One 2005 Harley "Softtail Deluxe" that would love to be driven by owner for a short period of time. Would it be possible, probable or legal to sell it in the DR before flying home ?

The legality of such a project, is of course paramount.

CAN it be done? Would a "Road King" make more sense to you?

P.S. I have good references but do not presently have enough of the facts to make an intelligent decision.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Have You Ever ridden a "Bike" here before?

Do you live here and own a Harley? Do you plan to import a bike,or buy it here? Anyone can buy and sell vehicles here!
You MUST consider the condition of the roads and highways here! You can be cruising down the road between Sosua and Cabarete one night,and disapear into a pothole! Or lose control and be killed! The roads are very dark at nught! There are huge holes and ditches that you will hit before you see them.Then you must remember that as a person on a Bike,you have no status here! You must watch out for yourself! Everyone will cut you off,and turn in front of you,and YOU must look out for them!
Do you know the cost of a Harley here? Might be a lot more than you think!
Good Luck1 CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jerryme

Feb 1, 2004
I have been riding Harleys for 24 years and I own three. I would not drive let alone buy one in the DR. Dirvers are too crazy and the roads are worse.

Unreleated note: There is a HD dealer on Saint Martin and they actually are chepaer than buying one in the US. Myabe (if you really needed one) you could have one shipped from there.

I would just rent a scooter and wear your HD t - shirt and pretend you look cool.

jjakque

Sep 16, 2002
5000 miles in DR

For the last two years I have been renting a Fatboy in Cabarete and have ridden a bit over 5000 miles in the DR. I've ridden from Luperon to Samana just as a daily excursion. I've been riding for forty years and seventeen winters in Mexico.

I already own the bike and would fly it in from Montreal.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
There is a new dealorship in Santiago also...

I dont know if they are open yet...if not I am sure they will be. I wouldnt ride at night...cant see the road and you can hit anything on these roads. You can ride during the day but keep your eye on the road.

jjakque

Sep 16, 2002
Nice to know you're out there Alan

By the way, I was hoping that you might be one of my good references.

J.J.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Sport Bikes

Is it possible to Buy or Rent a Sports Bike "Crotch Rocket" :laugh:
Anything like a CBR 900 or Ninja 6R or 9R??

ken kopas

Jun 22, 2003
My Opinion

jjakque said:
FACTS or OPINIONS wanted​

One 2005 Harley "Softtail Deluxe" that would love to be driven by owner for a short period of time. Would it be possible, probable or legal to sell it in the DR before flying home ?

The legality of such a project, is of course paramount.

CAN it be done? Would a "Road King" make more sense to you?

P.S. I have good references but do not presently have enough of the facts to make an intelligent decision.
Having owned Harley's for many years and based on the condition of the roads on the north coast I would get something with a fat front end and a fat tire, it will make the ride much smoother.
Have fun and keep the shiny side up.
Ken K

Rami

Sep 25, 2003
just go ahead and get one

JJ, I will want to be the one to take your official portrait on "your own HOG"
with Dusty on the back. We are coming back in January and hope we can see each other again my friend.
Rami