Fax my credit card number to a hotel in BOCA CHICA?

Casey 1956

Jan 12, 2002
Hi everybody,

We will be arriving in Santo Domingo at 1 a.m. thursday morning on august

5th and then preceed to Boca Chica. The hotel we contacted "El Candil"

wants us to fax them our credit card number to reserve a room. I do not

like the idea of faxing such information to an unknow party. What do you

think? Should we just arrive at the airport take a taxi to Boca Chica

and find a hotel on our own or fax them this information? We also will be

staying in the D.R. for a total of 20 nights. With regard to hotels during this

time period we plan to ask the locals or expats about hotel recomendations.

Do you think this is a good idea or should we just book everything ahead

of time?

Thanks for your time!

Steve and Helen

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
It's OK!

Casey 1956 said:
Hi everybody,

We will be arriving in Santo Domingo at 1 a.m. thursday morning on august

5th and then preceed to Boca Chica. The hotel we contacted "El Candil"

wants us to fax them our credit card number to reserve a room. I do not

like the idea of faxing such information to an unknow party. What do you

think? Should we just arrive at the airport take a taxi to Boca Chica

and find a hotel on our own or fax them this information? We also will be

staying in the D.R. for a total of 20 nights. With regard to hotels during this

time period we plan to ask the locals or expats about hotel recomendations.

Do you think this is a good idea or should we just book everything ahead

of time?

Thanks for your time!

Steve and Helen

I know Petteri and Guissepi, they are not crooks, if you want to feel safe you can call Petteri before you fax the info over and confirm the receipt. Also, they might offer you a discount if you pay your bill in cash.

Also, you can go to BC and find a hotel there easily, just check previous threads on the Hotels in BC.

PM me if you need info on BC

Casey 1956

Jan 12, 2002
Thank You!

Ricardo900,

Thank you for time and information!

Steve and Helen

Ricardo900 said:
I know Petteri and Guissepi, they are not crooks, if you want to feel safe you can call Petteri before you fax the info over and confirm the receipt. Also, they might offer you a discount if you pay your bill in cash.

Also, you can go to BC and find a hotel there easily, just check previous threads on the Hotels in BC.

PM me if you need info on BC

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Yup,....i totaly aggree....petteri and guiseppi are great guys. Excellent choice in hotel

I never had to do the credit card thing with them till this past year...but i didnt have a problem

Say hi to Sandy and Maria (who work the front desk)

jj

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
also....just tell petteri when you are arriving at the airport and he will pick you up in person

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
Hotels all over the world usually require a credit card to reserve a room, I wouldn't worry about it.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Maria is a cutie!

jrzyguy said:
Yup,....i totaly aggree....petteri and guiseppi are great guys. Excellent choice in hotel

I never had to do the credit card thing with them till this past year...but i didnt have a problem

Say hi to Sandy and Maria (who work the front desk)

jj

Is she available? :classic:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
You won't have a problem finding a hotel room anywhere north or south, since you are not planning to stay in all inclusives, so no need to book in advance, but as your Boca Chica hotel includes airport pick up & different posters have given references for the owners, I'd go ahead & book it in advance.
If it puts your mind at ease, I can book you into a north coast non AI, but you will not encounter the "no vacancies" sign! Apart Hotel Lomar on the Malecon in Puerto Plata is 800 pesos per night (for the room, no food), viz just over U.S.$18.

jcarn

Jun 28, 2004
I'll also vouch for Petteri and Guissepi. I stayed there at the begining of july at the recommendation of what I read on these boards and paid with my credit card and have had no problems. They are really great guys who will help you out if you're not familiar with the area. If you're staying in boca chica.... el candil is an excellent choice.

RosaMaria

Jul 29, 2004
I'm so glad to hear so many good things about the people at El Candil. I booked an apartment there for September and had to fax my info. Not a problem.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Safe But Odd

I haven't heard of anyone but the Europa ( who wanted Western Union deposits before they went on the lam with the cash box and furniture) asking for credit cards or anything else as a deposit. I'd stay at El Candil if I couldn't get in where I usually go but I wouldn't fax them a thing, not due to security issues though.