Apartments and Interest Rates

mckillop

Jul 28, 2004
I am a single retired male of simple tastes looking to rent an 1 bedroom or bachelor apartment (somewahat near a beach) for a few months this winter. The actual location is not that important but cost is. As a result, if anone has any information as to rates or sources apratment postings, I would appreciate your response.

Also, does anyone know what interest the banks are are paying on accounts.

Thanks,

Bruce

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Most likely it will cost you between US $300 & US $2,000 depending on your other requirements that we are not aware of.

You say location is not important but do you require NORTH, SOUTH or EAST of the country? Do you require local village, town or city? Gated, Ex-Pat community or Domincan neighbours as a locale? A/C?. Furnished? Generator? Give us a few clues & we'll try to be a bit more helpful I am sure!

Bank interest rates in this country?
Peso CD's from 18% - 26% p.a. ......... at the moment!!
US $ CD's From 5.5% - 9% p.a. ......... at the moment!!

The NEW Government might bring in NEW limitations &/or make it necessary for the banks to introduce new rates within the next few weeks!! Watch this space for updates!! - Grahame.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Effectively Zero

mckillop said:
Also, does anyone know what interest the banks are are paying on accounts.

Don't out your life savings or much , frankly, in Dominican banks.

mckillop

Jul 28, 2004
BushBaby said:
Most likely it will cost you between US $300 & US $2,000 depending on your other requirements that we are not aware of.

You say location is not important but do you require NORTH, SOUTH or EAST of the country? Do you require local village, town or city? Gated, Ex-Pat community or Domincan neighbours as a locale? A/C?. Furnished? Generator? Give us a few clues & we'll try to be a bit more helpful I am sure!

Bank interest rates in this country?
Peso CD's from 18% - 26% p.a. ......... at the moment!!
US $ CD's From 5.5% - 9% p.a. ......... at the moment!!

The NEW Government might bring in NEW limitations &/or make it necessary for the banks to introduce new rates within the next few weeks!! Watch this space for updates!! - Grahame.

____
Thanks for your reply. I've stayed in the Boca Chica area and near Puerto Plata. Both north and south were OK with me. Really any area with easy access to a decent beach would be OK. Because I would want to keep the monthly rent to about $300.00 (or maybe $00.00) I would not expect a gated community. It would be nice if there were some ex-pates about and it would have to have basic furnishings. It should be a relatively safe location. A generator would be nice but I could probably get by without it. The same would be true for A/C.

Bruce

Milani

Aug 9, 2004
I'm Interested Mike

windeguy said:
Hello Bruce,

Please contact me if you want something near Kite Beach at the west end of Cabarate. $350 a month, furnished.

And not putting a lot of cash in DR banks is good advice.

Mike

I am thinking of moving to DR for 12m months in at the end of August,
do you still have appts for $350 a month near the beech?

Look forward to you reply