Wireless phones in DR

IA70

Feb 25, 2004
Hi ALL,
I have been told by my friend in Santo Domingo to purchase a land line phone for my apartment in SD in the US since they are cheaper. Iw ant o get a wireless setup. My question is related to the frequency at whic they transmit. If I buy a 2.4ghtz phone in the US will it work in he DR? It sound silly that it would not, but when I asked the manufacturer(VTech) they could not say yes or no, just the disclaimer that they make them for the US market and have no idea about other markets( parphrased by me).
Has anyone had any experience with this subjet?
Paul

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Cordless phone

IA70 said:
Hi ALL,
I have been told by my friend in Santo Domingo to purchase a land line phone for my apartment in SD in the US since they are cheaper. Iw ant o get a wireless setup. My question is related to the frequency at whic they transmit. If I buy a 2.4ghtz phone in the US will it work in he DR? It sound silly that it would not, but when I asked the manufacturer(VTech) they could not say yes or no, just the disclaimer that they make them for the US market and have no idea about other markets( parphrased by me).
Has anyone had any experience with this subjet?
Paul
You should have no trouble using a 2.4ghtz phone anywhere in the DR. Remember this is a hard wired phone and the only thing you are doing is making it wireless from the base receiver to the wireless headset.

Unless there is something in your neighborhood that would infer fear with the signal being sent back to the base unit, you can use any type of cordless phone.
Charlie

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
chuckuindy said:
You should have no trouble using a 2.4ghtz phone anywhere in the DR. Remember this is a hard wired phone and the only thing you are doing is making it wireless from the base receiver to the wireless headset.

Unless there is something in your neighborhood that would infer fear with the signal being sent back to the base unit, you can use any type of cordless phone.
Charlie

::My lord what a question::