The things you do

mariposa

May 19, 2004
For those Dominicans that leave outside DR, what makes you Dominincan? For me is having habichuelas con dulce in semana santa, listening to the radio 24/7 and doing a tubee to go to sleep, how about you what makes you a Dominican?

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
mariposa said:
For those Dominicans that leave outside DR, what makes you Dominincan? For me is having habichuelas con dulce in semana santa, listening to the radio 24/7 and doing a tubee to go to sleep, how about you what makes you a Dominican?

eating fried plaintains and chilin at dominican discos

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Well

For me it's eating Mangu with fired eggs and Salchichon accompanied by a tall glass of Morir So?ando on Saturday mornings. hehehehehehe :knockedou

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Non-Dominicans never understand why eggs are great anytime and with everything. When there's no defrosted meat, eggs are a great substitute. Doms eat eggs everything: with bread, by themselves, with white rice, with heated up moro, in our macaroni or potato salad, with platanos or potatoes (and of course, who doesnt have a few of those in the cupboard at ALL times!)

We even fancy them up by making a little sauce for them - ceviche and whatnot! My husband thought I was crazy until he tried it...

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
El Tigre said:
For me it's eating Mangu with fired eggs and Salchichon accompanied by a tall glass of Morir So?ando on Saturday mornings. hehehehehehe :knockedou

that's my favorite dominican breakfast!! add fried cheese and sofried onion rings please !!! hmmm... delicious! :laugh:

Never tried eggs with ceviche.... sounds twisted... but it is a matter of trying :) Fortunately, for some things I am open minded... hehehe

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Poor "Andrea",who doesn't know the difference

between "Raw Fish",and a "GREAT BIG SAUSAGE"!!!!!!!!!!!!I can only guess that she is not eating enough "Sausage" when she is in the DR! I wonder if she is getting any "Salamita"? "Ay Mami,ese "Salami" es suyo,COgelo Mami!!!!"CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
Criss Colon said:
between "Raw Fish",and a "GREAT BIG SAUSAGE"!!!!!!!!!!!!I can only guess that she is not eating enough "Sausage" when she is in the DR! I wonder if she is getting any "Salamita"? "Ay Mami,ese "Salami" es suyo,COgelo Mami!!!!"CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I didn't understand half of this post... I moved here 6 years ago, but I have to admit I still don't get 100% dominican spanglish...

BTW, you should change that keyboard... I have noticed your C key gets stucked all the time...

Jess

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
andrea9k said:
I didn't understand half of this post... I moved here 6 years ago, but I have to admit I still don't get 100% dominican spanglish...

BTW, you should change that keyboard... I have noticed your C key gets stucked all the time...

Jess
LOL you need to understand CCCCCCCC to understand what he's writing.

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
Talldrink said:
Non-Dominicans never understand why eggs are great anytime and with everything.

That is the first time I hae heard that....my boyfriend is Dominican and I am Candian. I eat eggs all the time and he gives me a hard time b/c he is concerned that I eat TOO many eggs, and it will be bad for my health! Well wait until I tell him this little piece of info! hahahaha :bunny:

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
None of these things mentioned here makes me Dominican. I mean, anyone can enjoy these things, not just Dominicans. For me being Dominican is more of a feeling, a deep appreciation, and love for the land where I was born. Nothing more nothing less. When I say I'm Dominican I don't expect people to think I love plaintains, or habichuelas con dulce, etc. but rather, I would expect them to see through me the Dominican Republic i love and am proud of. This is most important to me.

mariposa said:

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
Anyone have a violin?

Well, being Dominican to me means huelga. And as a Dominican, to me the word 'huelga' means domin? en franela y calzoncillos.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Just to "Clear" everyone's mind!

A "Salchichon",is a big sausage!
What you mistakenly think was a "Salpicon",which is Cold chopped seafood served with a vinegar dressing!"MOST" women can tell the difference between a "Big Sausage",and "Cold Seafood"! Although there is a slight resemblence in the smell!Like they say,"If you can get past the smell,you got ot licked"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Now,a "Morir Sonando"I... L-O-V-E!
Fresh squeezed oranges,mixed with lots of "Leche Carnation"!

Doesn't work with Non-Dominican oranges! They are too acidic.

"Hard To Follow????????? Who Me???????????????? :cool:

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
Criss Colon said:
A "Salchichon",is a big sausage!
What you mistakenly think was a "Salpicon",which is Cold chopped seafood served with a vinegar dressing!"MOST" women can tell the difference between a "Big Sausage",and "Cold Seafood"! Although there is a slight resemblence in the smell!Like they say,"If you can get past the smell,you got ot licked"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Now,a "Morir Sonando"I... L-O-V-E!
Fresh squeezed oranges,mixed with lots of "Leche Carnation"!

Doesn't work with Non-Dominican oranges! They are too acidic.

"Hard To Follow????????? Who Me???????????????? :cool:

I was not talking about salpicon, i was talking about ceviche... check talldrink's post just above mine. My fault... since I didn't quote her post.

And yes... it is quite hard to follow you.

Jess

Esteelove

Jan 15, 2004
Eating Mangu in the Morning

El Tigre said:

I get a tummy ache now if I have all that. hee hee. My stomach is not as strong as it used to be a few years ago. :eek:

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Doing the Tubee to go to sleep?

mariposa said:

Ummmm is that Sexual in nature?

lensky

May 17, 2004
Beign fairly new to this site, being Dominican has taken a new twist; Is the smile that comes to my face when I read your posts, is to know there are people like you out there, caring, informative, passionate,warm ( and of course lindos) that permits me be part of a culture I wrongly thought was lost.
Gracias