Antony Santos Concert

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Antony Santos is supposed to be at the United Palace sometime this weekend in NYC - Who's going? I'm trying to find some info on it...

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Call em

Talldrink said:
Antony Santos is supposed to be at the United Palace sometime this weekend in NYC - Who's going? I'm trying to find some info on it...
United Palace - (212) 568-0915, for info.
I hope "tu habla en espanol"

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Thanks Ricardo.

Here's the info:

August 28 @ 8PM
Tickets are $25,48, 68, 78, 98.
He will be there with Krisspy...

Is anybody thinking of going?

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
Talldrink said:
Thanks Ricardo.

Here's the info:

August 28 @ 8PM

Wow, this must be his first show here since before 9/11 - I heard he is afraid of flying so I hope he doesn't flake out and not come.

He must be playing at other dates and venues in September - does anyone know about that?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Talldrink said:
Thanks Ricardo.

Here's the info:

August 28 @ 8PM

wow, people actually pay so much to see those 2 mega chopo performance? We see them for free in santiago. Krisspy was in tribecca cafe / bar a few months ago and i got in free with my friends (we never pay), even with 300 pesos at the door, the place was half empty. Krisspy plays at places like carwashes and chopo places and still can't fill the place 1/2 full. Anthony santos can be seen for free in many out door concerts. He is also very common but much more successful than krisspy. They do put on a good show if you have to pay 300 pesos / person. Anything over that is a robbery. I am surprised to see these chopo artists can sell tickets as much as 100 dollars / head in NYC. That proves my point, dom-yorks are mostly chopos at heart.
AZB

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Krisspy?

Chris_NJ said:
Wow, this must be his first show here since before 9/11 - I heard he is afraid of flying so I hope he doesn't flake out and not come.

He must be playing at other dates and venues in September - does anyone know about that?

If you are talking about Krisspy, he's playing again in NY
http://www.krisspy.com/

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
AZB said:
wow, people actually pay so much to see those 2 mega chopo performance? We see them for free in santiago. Krisspy was in tribecca cafe / bar a few months ago and i got in free with my friends (we never pay), even with 300 pesos at the door, the place was half empty. Krisspy plays at places like carwashes and chopo places and still can't fill the place 1/2 full. Anthony santos can be seen for free in many out door concerts. He is also very common but much more successful than krisspy. They do put on a good show if you have to pay 300 pesos / person. Anything over that is a robbery. I am surprised to see these chopo artists can sell tickets as much as 100 dollars / head in NYC. That proves my point, dom-yorks are mostly chopos at heart.
AZB

hahahahahaaa
And they'll charge $7 for a bottle of Presidente

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
AZB said:
AZB
Wow, you sound just like golo! Have you morphed?

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
To all Mayimbe fans...

Hi all,

I just would like to know if anyone is planning to go to this concert after all. "El Mayimbe" has not backed out yet and according to what I have read he will show up at United Palace in NYC on August 28, 2004. I would rather hear about the concert from people on the board otherwise I will have to wait until it comes out on DVD.

Thanks....

-Lesley D

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Krisspy

I just saw Krisspy in concert here in Belgium last weekend, together with Fernandito, Aventura, Gilberto SantaRosa, etc. He puts on a good show with a good band.
For pictures see www.salsaweb.be/antilliaansefeesten
As for Antony Santos, they once promissed him an audience with the Pope in the Vatican, but even then he refused to fly to Europe. Fortunately I saw him in Montellano a couple of years ago. If you like his music, go, off course it's much more expensive than in the DR.
Enjoy it!
Bartolomeo

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Bartolomeo67,

Thanks for the feedback. I would love to go but that weekend is not good for me. That's my only set back. There's no doubt in mind that Antony S can and will put on a good show. I just recently acquired a DVD of 2003 performance (most likely somewhere in the DR) and it's wonderful so I expect the same or better in NYC. Honestly, I don't care for the other performers especially Krisspy that music has its crowd for sure. Personally, I would like to see el Mayimbe. I guess I will have to wait and add Antony to my list of "must see" performers in my life time.

How come Belgium attracts so many Latin performers? I am just curious it seems like you are always going to a show.

-Thanks

LDG

Bartolomeo67 said:
I just saw Krisspy in concert here in Belgium last weekend, together with Fernandito, Aventura, Gilberto SantaRosa, etc. He puts on a good show with a good band.
For pictures see www.salsaweb.be/antilliaansefeesten
As for Antony Santos, they once promissed him an audience with the Pope in the Vatican, but even then he refused to fly to Europe. Fortunately I saw him in Montellano a couple of years ago. If you like his music, go, off course it's much more expensive than in the DR.
Enjoy it!
Bartolomeo

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Lesley D said:
How come Belgium attracts so many Latin performers? I am just curious it seems like you are always going to a show.

-Thanks

LDG

Hehehe Lesley, good one!
Every Summer there are plenty of latin festivals here in Europe (Belgium, France, Holland, Italy, etc). There is almost one every weekend within driving distance. I think the 2 main ones are in Italy, Milan and Rome, and I guess all the other festivals draw their artists from them. Just check out the website of the Milan festival to see their impressive artist list, there is a concert every night from mid June till early August: www.latinoamericando.it it's in italian but not very hard to figure out.
In wintertime we have the occasional concert and one festival but summertime is when it's all happening.
Bartolomeo

ChicaNaughty

Aug 22, 2004
Krispy

Is it true that Krispy was deported from the US in 1997? And that his appearance and name is a disguise.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
I don't know about that however, I just looked at an on-line flyer of the upcoming concert and there are two separate ones. One for Antony Santos and the other for Aguakate. So maybe you are right about Krisspy. Someone else may confirm this later on. But there is no flyer for him. So maybe he may not perform.

ChicaNaughty

Aug 22, 2004
Krispy

I heard last time he came to the US was thru Canada (how he tricked immigration? Don't know). What ever his issues are, go see Antony Santos. That would probably be one of the best concerts, he is awesome on stage. I love the song "Hay de mi , hay de ti"

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
ChicaNaughty,

Unfortunately I can't make it on that day but definitely the next concert is mine. I hope I can be there. You bet "Ay de m?, Ay de ti" is awesome. So are the other bachatas from his album "Juego de amor". Rompi? el molde no cabe duda...

ChicaNaughty said:
I heard last time he came to the US was thru Canada (how he tricked immigration? Don't know). What ever his issues are, go see Antony Santos. That would probably be one of the best concerts, he is awesome on stage. I love the song "Hay de mi , hay de ti"

Last edited: