apartments in Puerto Plata

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
I'm trying to help my boyfriend to locate an apartment in Puerto Plata. when I view the websites provided in previous threads, they are mostly for Sousa and Cabarete. Does anyone know of any available apartments for rent? Or even rooms to rent? Thanks

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
I think it's a bad idea to rent an apartment from a website. It's much better to do it from this end. I know of a 1 bedroom apartment in Puerto Plata for rent. It's near Playa Dorada and on the same side of the road and therefore on the Playa Dorada power grid. This means 24-hour power and water. I went and saw it and it a very nice apartment in a safe area and very close to the main road for guaguas, public cars, etc. It was not air conditioned but had a ceiling fan. It is also furnished with very nice bamboo furniture, full size fridge, and a bed and dresser in the bedroom. It was very clean. It was $200 U.S. per month plus $20 U.S. in utilities but the owner told me if you paid for the year you would get a better deal (also if your boyfriend is Dominican and went alone I'm sure he would get a better deal). I don't have the number and I was in Puerto Plata a few days ago and saw that the sign was still there. I will be going back into Puerto Plata in the next week and can get the number for you if you are interested.