Rodeo in Higuey / La Otra Banda this Saturday and Sunday

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
For those of you who had requested info on horse competition, there's a terrific rodeo this weekend in La Otra Banda, between Punta Cana and Higuey, on Rancho Jonathan. There you'll see some of the best rodeo horses and riders the country has to offer.

Let's just hope we don't get rained in with that depression!

Hope to see you there!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I haven't been there yet but from what I was told, it's located in La Otra Banda, which is just after Higuey. You can ask any of the locals how to get there, everyone know it.

Enjoy!

Sharron

Dec 19, 2002
Not 100% sure, but if it is the same place as the cattle and horse show about this time last year it?s only just outside Higuey. Follow the signs to Bavaro from Higuey and when you go over the little bridge you go around a couple of bends and it?s on the right hand side. Opposite is a small parade of Gift shops and the Cigar Museum.

If you are coming from Bavaro, when you get to the T junction in La Otra Banda turn left, follow the road for about three or four miles and it is on the left.

I could be wrong, because there are a number of Ranchos in La Otra Banda, but I believe this is the biggest and it?s the only one I know that has put on something like this before.

I went last year and had a very pleasant afternoon.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Sharron said:
Not 100% sure, but if it is the same place as the cattle and horse show about this time last year it?s only just outside Higuey. Follow the signs to Bavaro from Higuey and when you go over the little bridge you go around a couple of bends and it?s on the right hand side. Opposite is a small parade of Gift shops and the Cigar Museum.

If you are coming from Bavaro, when you get to the T junction in La Otra Banda turn left, follow the road for about three or four miles and it is on the left.

I could be wrong, because there are a number of Ranchos in La Otra Banda, but I believe this is the biggest and it?s the only one I know that has put on something like this before.

I went last year and had a very pleasant afternoon.

Coming from Bavaro, at the T junction you turn RIGHT. It's about 1 Km from the junction on the left side of the Road.
Rancho Jonathan is on the road to Nisibon, Macao, Miches.

thick_neck

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 6, 2004
La Feria Ganadera...

just ended on the 16th.

Higuey rocks!!!

-The Kid
Dominican by birth, Higueyano by choice