Mao

sarahshubin

Feb 18, 2004
Hi Everyone-
I am an exchange student coming to the Dominican Republic on August 18th. I just found out my host family information: they live somewhere called Mao. I was hoping you could tell me all you could about this place. What is there to do? What does it look like? How many people are there? etc... Please, i'd love to hear anything you have to say. I'm absolutely desperate to know!
Thanks a million!
Sarah

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Google

Google yields a miserly 10,400 hits on "Mao Dominican Republic", maps , pictures the whole works. A good place to start.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Sarah,
Wish I had some info for you on Mao. I remember getting my packet on my host family and being incredibly curious about where I was going. Rick gave good advice but the fact is, you will be there soon enough and form your impressions. After you are there for a while google the place again and it will make a lot more sense to you having experienced the place somewhat.

I hope you make a blog about your exchange year! It will be a great way for people to keep up to date on your adventures in the DR! Try blogspot.com it's free.

MG
YP Venezuela
AFS
92-93

Oh I just got back from two fabulous weeks in venezuela, after 12 years the host family connection is still strong. I hope you have as good a time as I did.