Rite of Passage

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
So, yesterday we received our permanent residences. It felt great! After being in self-imposed 'exile' (itchy feet, rolling stone) from my home for many years, I believe I can now formally call the Dominican Republic Home.

We're going to start the long road to dual citizenships.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I do believe

CONGRATULATIONS ARE IN ORDER!!

sO GOOD LUCK...

Now that you are residents you can come to Santiago and visit more often. The hovel is still here...

HB

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Criss Colon said:
The average "IQ" of the DR just went upa few points I'm Sure!! Cris CCCCC

Another indicator showing an upward trend... The average consumption of Presidente also has gone up significantly - Richard certainly celebrated with a number of cold ones last night. Did not do much for the promised increase in IQ levels, but certainly did something for the Gross National Product...

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
JDJones said:
Hey Chris,
I think it would be a great service to a lot of us if you could keep us up to date on what you have to do to get your dual citizenship.
I have been thinking about doing that for sometime, and I know it would be a great help to me to know how you do it!
Thanks for everything, and congratulations on your residence.

Well, I can certainly posts updates. I think folks would be more interested in the process that my husband (the American in the house) has to follow. I am a South African citizen and for my countrymen/women, I just have to plonk down some green I think... But will certainly let you know how it goes. We're not in a hurry, so don't hold your breath :classic:

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Chris said:
Another indicator showing an upward trend... The average consumption of Presidente also has gone up significantly - Richard certainly celebrated with a number of cold ones last night. Did not do much for the promised increase in IQ levels, but certainly did something for the Gross National Product...

Oh dear Chris, I beg to disagree about alcohol consumption
http://www.shortfamilyonline.com/jokes/submitted/cheers-buffalo-theory.php

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
You are now an official ExPat. Welcome! When I got my permanent residency in S.D. a French man toasted me with his bottle of water and I didn't quite understand what he was trying to do until he said "Champagne" and I laughed and knocked waterbottles with him:)

My waterbottle is raised in your honor.

Scott