Flight to El Portillo?

David Dempsey

Jul 3, 2004
I see from their website that Air Santo Domingo doesn't fly within the DR any more, only between Santo Domingo and San Juan Puerto Rico. Does anybody know if there is a company that does regular flights from the DR into El Portillo airport any more?

Also, does anybody have a good phone number for Paradiso Bungalows or Moorea Beach Hotel in Las Galeras? The numbers I have in this guide book are out of date.

Thanks!

emendoza

Mar 16, 2004
El Portillo

Sorry for the delayed reply. In June, we flew out of El Portillo. The airline company is Helico Tropical Services http://www.helico-tropical-services.com/htm_pages/eng/eng-index.html or helicotropicalserv@hotmail.com or (809) 240-6607. They have 2 flights everyday, one morning & one afternoon, to either Las Americas or Herrera for $55-65 US. Our hotel (Playa Colibri) made the reservations for us. You can also arrange for charter flights to fit your schedule/number of passengers & they're relatively inexpensive. It was a beautiful flight/adventure for us as it was our first time in a 4-seater!!!

Moorea Beach is www.hotelmoreabeach.com or phone 538-0007 / fax 538-2528 or hotel.moorea@codetel.net.do . Couldn't find Paradisio Bungalows in the 2004 tourism guide. Good luck & congrats on choosing Samana!!!

gatoazul

Aug 24, 2004
Paradiso Bungalows,Las Galeras

I'm not really sure if these are Paradiso Bungalows, but there's a belgic-french couple that rides a small group of very nice bungalows in Las Galeras. Their names are Lolo and Juan (I think that they kind of translated the names to spanish) and their phone number is 809-538-0208.

If they changed the number try calling Manuella at 809-538-0093. She owns Plaza Lusitania hotel that is located just a few meters to Lolo and Juan's place. Comfortable, big, nice equiped rooms on Plaza Lusitania. She is also a very good chef. No matter where you stay eat at least one time on her small restaurant. She makes very good cakes.