Coming to the DR On Our Way

Wales

English Twit!
May 21, 2004
Well! believe it or not, this is our last night in the home on the ocean I have owned for nearly 20 years. Tomorrow they are coming with a 40 ft container to load all our stuff, they already took nearly three days to pack it. Tomorrow night and the next two, we are spending in a hotel. Mr Pugsley Cat has his own room with a balcony at the local cat hotel here overlooking the North West Arm - I am not kidding, you have to see this 5* cat hotel to believe it - Tuesday I am having the car detailed ( the one every body says leave here) Our house sale closes on the same day. On Wednesday, we close on the Lear Jet ( what a financial drain that has been- see Marjorie Proops etc.) LOL. We are taking our little girls to the hairdressers for shampoo & set, Pedicure, Manicure etc. the usual weekly thing but this is the last time here. Then we are delivering the car to the shipper. We have a rental for the next 24 hrs. Go to the lawyer and collect our money, Collect Mr. Pugsley then
Thursday 6 a.m. we fly to DR Via New York .

Keep you updated as to what happens next.

Brian

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Have a good trip. Do you have a maid lined up, yet? :classic:

Wales

English Twit!
May 21, 2004
Maid

Ken said:

Ken,

No we don't but if you want to offer you services, we do not want a maid called Ken. However, on our property we have a ---Dominican House ---- in which our guard and his wife live, along with a pig and chickens and I am sure that if we need cleaning services, we can arrange it. Did you not read Linda's reply to Marjory Proops.?

Brian

Wales

English Twit!
May 21, 2004
Maid called Ken

Ken said:
\

Sorry

Should have said : We do not want a maid called Ken, We are not like that, EITHER OF US. OK?
Brian

Wales

English Twit!
May 21, 2004
Missing Winters

Anna Coniglio said:
So your leaving Canada and missing the winter eh? I'm envious. Have a good trip and all the best to you. Please tell us how you made out when arrive with the car and container. It might helps others in the future.

PS. do you have an extra room for me to come visit and get away from the cold Ontario winters ? :nervous:

For sure, You'll be very welcome because we have lots of space, including staff quarters ( see previous threads, Marjorie Proops etc) I have planned this move for many years. Unfortunately my wife 33 yrs ( to the day) passed away several years ago with whom I (we) planned. Fortunately, I found someone ( with the help of a private detective) that I had had a great relationship with, donkeys, years ago. ( a really seperate unbelievable story) We have been married now just over three years and after Juan last year, which destroyed most of the trees from our ocean front estate, let alone our house and then the white one this year, nearly five feet of snow in less than 24 hours. Our driveway is nearly a 1/4 mile long!!! Linda said : " Brian, do we have to live here " The rest is history. Look forward to seeing you.

Brian

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Please clarify

Wales said:
For sure, You'll be very welcome because we have lots of space, including staff quarters ( see previous threads, Marjorie Proops etc) I have planned this move for many years. Unfortunately my wife 33 yrs ( to the day) passed away several years ago with whom I (we) planned. Fortunately, I found someone ( with the help of a private detective) that I had had a great relationship with, donkeys, years ago. ( a really seperate unbelievable story) We have been married now just over three years and after Juan last year, which destroyed most of the trees from our ocean front estate, let alone our house and then the white one this year, nearly five feet of snow in less than 24 hours. Our driveway is nearly a 1/4 mile long!!! Linda said : " Brian, do we have to live here " The rest is history. Look forward to seeing you.

Brian
Brian could you please clarify your relationship with the donkey. Really confused on this part of your posting,, Perhaps its the bottle of red wine I had with dinner about an hour ago.
JOHN.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Brian,

Greetings from Dartmouth.

Wales said:
... after Juan last year, which destroyed most of the trees from our ocean front estate, let alone our house and then the white one this year, nearly five feet of snow in less than 24 hours. Our driveway is nearly a 1/4 mile long!!! Linda said : " Brian, do we have to live here "...

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Nietzche

Good luck to you on your move from those who must or choose to stay behind.

I look forward to hearing of your Dominican adventures - you are among other things, entertaining.

Gregg

Last edited:

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Good luck Brian

Say are you taking the hores in the jet with you? Let me know when you get settled, I am comming for dinner, remember.
Charlie