Calling card to or from the DR

J

Jim Hinsch

I am now a distributor of the Tropicard calling card, not for profit, but as a service to friends. No connection fee, US$0.20/min. to the Dominican Republic from the USA via an 800 number. They can also be used in the Dominican Republic to call the USA from any payphone. If anybody wants to buy any, E-mail me. They come in US$5, 10, and 20.

Jim Hinsch JimHinsch@CSI.COM

T

Tania

Jim, Can they also be used to call Canada from the Dominican Republic?

I

irv

Hello Jim,

I want to be your friend and buy a calling card. :) I would like to purchase two at twenty dollars each.

Let me know how to do it.

Thanks

Irv Siva

P.S. Is the calling rate the same (US $0.20) from the D.R. to the USA?

J

Jim Hinsch

I don't know. We'd have to try it.

J

Jim Hinsch

E-mail me. Calling from the DR to the USA, it is advertised at US$0.19/min. but I tried it and it was 50 minutes on a US$10 card (US$0.20/min).

J

Jim Hinsch

The calling card rate is US$0.20/min. in either direction. No hidden fees like a connection fee. The card is produced by a partnership between Codetel and RSLCOM.

B

bernie

this series should be placed in the classified section. why here ? any one can say it is for none profit & then what would the board be then. this series is more appropriate for any other part of the this board not here.

S

scaramooch

I bought a blackstone calling card for $20.00 and it gives me 154 minutes of calling time to the DR But there is a connection fee its about 5 minutes every time that you call, but its worth it if you are going to be on the phone a couple of hours. The costomer service number is 1-800-500-0553, they can give info on how to purchase over the net like I did with a credit card.

B

Bill-Ontario

I agree with you - but why would your E mail address be incorrect?? Bill

L

Loren

The Blackstone card is best if you are going to stay on the phone for a long time. The tropicard is best if you are going to make lots of short calls, because there is no connection fee. Blackstone has variable audio quality. Recently, I have been using the Nickel card, because it has good audio quality, at an OK rate. $.12 / minute.

Jim, I think it is great that you have decided to offer this service!

J

Jim Hinsch

I'd send someone a card if they had no other way to get one. This is just a favor for readers here.

There is another card I can get (Voz Latinos) with a $2 connect fee and US$0.07/min. but since often when you call and you get through on the first try but still technically connected (according to THEM), those connect fees can really be annoying and eat up any savings from a lower per minute rate.