Can Government Electrical Service be Terminated

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Can a hotel or apartment complex terminate all electrical service from the government power supplier and meet its own needs with it's own generators? Is there anything in the law that prohibits this?

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
The Villas Jasmine (a time share/hotel) in Costambar has been "off the grid" for a few years now.

Ken said:
Can a hotel or apartment complex terminate all electrical service from the government power supplier and meet its own needs with it's own generators? Is there anything in the law that prohibits this?

Argo

*** Sin Bin ***
Aug 5, 2004
Ken said:

Physics

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are lots of people that are off the grid.

All of the Las Terrenas area is off the grid and have, according to Julio Cross "2 minutes per year" of blackouts. Everybody pays.

In the East, most of Bavaro and Punta Cana is off the grid. Same deal.

In Santiago, there are many private houses that are not on the grid. The Santiago Cathedral just cut their ties with Ede-Norte. They wre getting bills for 15,000 a month and no lights.!!

So, yes, you can cut all ties with the "corporaci?n" and good luck to you.

HB

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
Yes it can be done. From personal experience I suggest 3 generators. Then have each one work an 8 hour shift.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
OK, Now you've--

Invested over RD$ 300,000.00 in your generators, will be using somewhere in the neighborhood of 24-30 gals of diesel/hr at a cost of RD$ 75.00-80.00/gal
times 24 times 30-31 equals ??? !

Too much math for me to figure without a calculator.

Good idea, though. I have a 10KW going about 12-18 hour/day now. Thank God I have the finances to support my desire for electricity!

Texas Bill