Where can I buy these things in/near Sosua?

SunRa

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 30, 2003
Any advice from people who know the area well where I could buy, and what I could expect to pay for:

Picture Frames

Bar Stools

A CD Player, the sort with two descent speakers and at least 3 cd changer, somthing you would pay around $75-$200 for in the states.

and I'm also looking for a dog.. Preferable white though that's not very important, and one that will stay small for all of it's life span. I've seen the pet shop near Judy's but don't believe that's open, and I notice a pet shop/vet on the way to cabarette from sosua, but everytime I've passed it appeared to be close.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
SunRa said:
Any advice from people who know the area well where I could buy, and what I could expect to pay for:

Picture Frames

Bar Stools

A CD Player, the sort with two descent speakers and at least 3 cd changer, somthing you would pay around $75-$200 for in the states.

and I'm also looking for a dog.. Preferable white though that's not very important, and one that will stay small for all of it's life span. I've seen the pet shop near Judy's but don't believe that's open, and I notice a pet shop/vet on the way to cabarette from sosua, but everytime I've passed it appeared to be close.

Picture frames ? Do you mean just the frame? - There are some shops in Santiago (Near or on Del Sol) that sell them.

Bar stools - You could have them made locally from wood or iron.

CD player - Plaza Lama in Santiago would be your best bet. I'm not sure about the price.

DO NOT buy any used electronics. Most have been dominicanized.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
There ae several framers in Puerto Plata that do good work. We have had pictures framed and were well pleased.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Ken said:
There ae several framers in Puerto Plata that do good work. We have had pictures framed and were well pleased.

Good to know. I've just saved myself a trip to Santiago. LOL .I will need to have some done. Where please?
(On the down side, there goes my excuse to have a McDonalds burger)

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
SunRa said:

Picture Frames

Bar Stools

Hi ... there is a carpenter called Alan working upstairs in La Roca. He is there every morning - maybe he can help you?

My dog Lady has just had 8 pups ... if you would like to see them call me on
853 6158. I live in Sosua.

Chester4

SunRa

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 30, 2003
For the picture frames just need some various sizes, I don't think they'd have to be custom like 8 x 10 and 17 x 24 along those lines.. I think I'll visit Puerto Plata and take a look, thanks for the advice.

About getting barstools made locally, who would I want to talk to that's trust worthy?

Plaza Lama? Santiago is one of the few major cities in RD that I have never been too, is this like a mall? Would it be hard to find?

Chester4 I pm'd you.

Thanks again for any help!

Paulino

Jan 4, 2002
SunRa said:
Plaza Lama? Santiago is one of the few major cities in RD that I have never been too, is this like a mall? Would it be hard to find?

Plaza Lama is not (like) a mall, it is a huge - at least by Dominican standards - store that sells furniture, computers, TVs, kitchen appliances and such. It is located on the Calle del Sol in Santiago, and is quite easy to find. Calle del Sol is the "high street" in downtown Santiago.